Chapter 49

*tiny trigger warning*

Chapter 49

       I was so bored in my last class. Yes, it was my piano class and that was my favorite, but I was still bored. I was repeatedly pressing the same key over and over again, hoping to find some entertainment.

       Isadora was sitting at the keyboard in front of me and turned around. "Bored?" she asked.

       I sighed. "Yeah."

       "Don't worry, we only have four weeks of school left," she said. "Well, then there's college for me, but...."

       "I decided to go to college," I said.

       "What?" Isadora asked.

       "I decided to go to college," I repeated. "I had an idea of what I wanted to take in college, but I wasn't sure about it. And now, the more I think about it, the more I'm sure about it."

       Isadora smiled at me. "What do you want to take?"

       "Music."

       "I can definitely see you doing that," Isadora said. "You're getting the second highest mark in this class. I think you should."

       "I think I will," I said. 

       A cell phone suddenly beeped with a new message and I winced when I realized it was mine and that I forgot to put it on silent. "Was that a cell phone?" my teacher asked.

       "Sorry," I said, reaching in my bag to pull it out. "I'll turn it on silent."

       Well, I was about to, but then I got the message from Seb. He told me to walk home after school so that I could get his motorcycle and drive to the hospital. When I was sure the teacher wasn't looking, I texted him back.

 When I was sure the teacher wasn't looking, I texted him back

       My sister-in-law was in labor. Seb and his wife were about to be parents.

       Thank goodness. I was tired of Artemis's complaining and it wasn't even directed towards me. 

       I put my phone back in my bag after turning it on silent. "Izzy, what time does your dad normally leave the school?" I asked.

       "It depends on the day, why?" she asked.

       "Artemis finally went into labor and since they have the car, I have to walk home if I can't get a ride," I said.

       "I'll see if my dad is leaving right away today," she said.

       When school ended, Isadora and I went to our locker to drop off our stuff before going to Mr. Garner's classroom. He was still at his desk and I was really hoping he wasn't going to stay for too long.

       "Dad, how long are you staying for?" Isadora asked.

       "About five more minutes, why?" Mr. Garner said.