Chapter 2

Chapter 2

       "Dax, come on, we have to get going," Sara said, standing beside Gemma at the front door.

       "Just wait," I said as I held the phone up to my ear, hearing it ring. Please answer....

       I sighed when Seb's voicemail. I lost count on how many times I called him without an answer. He promised me he would answer my calls. He promised. He hasn't answered a single one of my calls, and there was no way he was 'too busy' considering he was posting pictures of his road trip on social media.

       He doesn't want you.

       I tried calling Seb one more time before giving up. This was why I didn't want him going on the road trip. I needed my big brother with me.

       Nobody wants you.

       I took my earphones out of my pocket before plugging it into my phone and putting on a playlist, but not the one Seb made for me. I was too upset to listen to that one.

       Your dad doesn't even want you.

       I walked to the front door with my backpack and followed Sara and Gemma out. Sara locked the door behind her before we went into her car with me sitting in the backseat. Sara always wondered why I never wanted to sit in the passenger seat.

       It was too painful for me.

       Sara dropped Gemma off at her school before going to mine. Before I got out, I asked Sara if she talked to Seb since he left for his road trip. She hasn't.

       I sighed and got out of the car before going inside the school. Seb had never ignored my calls before. He knew how much I needed him, yet he wasn't answering my calls.

       Some brother.

       The bell was about to ring, so I went to my locker and grabbed my AP chemistry notebook before heading to the classroom. I got there right as the first bell rang and I sat down in my normal seat. 

       Everyone arrived before the tardy bell rang and when it did, the teacher, Mr. McCarthy, stood in the front of the class. After taking attendance, he went to the white board and began going over a new concept.

       About five minutes within the lesson, Mr. McCarthy looked towards the class. "Uh, Collin," he said, referring to the boy sitting beside me. I had to admit, I was never too fond of this Collin guy, mainly because of who his sister was.

       Let's just say his sister was a heartbreaking jerk who didn't know how to treat my brother right. Luckily, Seb found Artemis now and didn't have to worry about that heartbreaking bitch.

       Stupid Lauren.

       "No music while I'm talking," Mr. McCarthy said.

       "But Dax is listening to music," Collin pointed out.

       "Collin, no music," Mr. McCarthy repeated. "Please take out your earphones before I take them away."

       "But...."

       "Now Collin," Mr. McCarthy said.

       Collin huffed and muttered something under his breath, which I couldn't quite hear exactly what he was saying since I still had my earphones in. No doubt he was going on about how it was unfair. Well, he could suck it up and deal with it.

       When the class ended, I quickly packed up my stuff and headed out of the class. After going to my locker to get my English notebook, I went to my English class and sent down in my seat. As soon as I sat down, the voices came back.