Chapter 19

Chapter 19

       "Are you going to be okay?" Seb asked as he leaned against the door frame of my bedroom.

       "I don't know," I said sarcastically. "Will you actually answer your phone when I call?"

       Seb sighed. "You're not still on that, are you?"

       "I just like teasing you."

       "Yeah, I figured that," Seb said. "Yes, I will answer when you call. And even if I don't, Artie will be with me so you can always call her and she'll put me one."

       "Got it," I said. "But I'm sure I'll be okay by myself. I've been doing better."

       Seb still stayed in my doorway, looking a bit reluctant. "Dax, I'm kind of weary of leaving you her by yourself."

       "Why? Because of what I did?" I asked.

       "Well....yeah."

       "Seb, I'll be fine," I said. "I hadn't been taking my medications when it happened, and I missed one doctor's appointment, so it happened. I'll be fine."

       "Okay," Seb said. "Artie and I have to leave now. We'll be back tomorrow morning."

       "Got it," I said before getting off my bed and hugging my brother. "I'll miss you."

       "I'll miss you too," he said, hugging me back. "Even though I'll only be gone for a night and you're quite annoying."

       "Like I said, being annoying is part of my personality," I said.

       Seb rolled his eyes. "I could tell. Call me if you need anything."

       "I will," I said before Seb walked out of my bedroom. A few seconds later, I heard the front door close. 

       I looked at my clock sitting on my nightstand. There was a few hours before the party, so I could probably relax for a bit before getting ready. And luckily for me, the party was less than a five minute walk from my apartment.

       Did I feel guilty for defying my brother and going to the party anyway?

       Not really. I mean, there was nothing wrong with me going when he was out of town. I could take care of myself and it wasn't like I was going to do anything dangerous. Besides, I was going to be with Isadora the whole time.

       I ended up taking a long nap before I had to get ready. Isadora was going to meet me at the front of my apartment and we were going to walk to the party together.

       It didn't take me too long to get ready. When I was, I looked at the time. Isadora should be at the front by now.

       She was. And damn, she looked gorgeous. I mean, she always looked gorgeous, but there wa s something about her that made her glow even more than she normally did. "Hey," she said. "So, exactly what time do you have to be back?"

       "Any time," I lied. She didn't exactly know that Seb told me not to go because if she did, she would probably say she wouldn't go as well, and I actually wanted to go.

       We walked to the party, hearing the music playing from a minute away. I was surprised there wasn't complaints about the noise already.

       Isadora and I walked in and it was already very crowded. I immediately intertwined my hand in hers so we wouldn't lose each other.

       Almost immediately after we walked in, someone said her name. We turned around, seeing Odette and the boy she was dating. Odette had her arm around his waist and his arm was around her shoulder.