Chapter 6

Chapter 6

       About a week after Seb and Artemis got engaged, we decided to go out to dinner to sort-of celebrate. And by we, I meant our family and Artemis's.

       We went to a not-so-fancy restaurant near our houses, so I thankfully didn't have to dress up that nice.

       We got the the restaurant and got a table for eight. Seb made sure he was sitting beside both me and Artemis; Artemis because they were engaged now and me because I found it more comforting to be sitting by Seb, especially if we were in a place with a lot of people.

       The waitress came by and handed us our menus before taking our orders for the drinks. As soon as she went to get them, questions about Seb and Artemis's wedding began.

       "When's the wedding?" Artemis's dad, Jasper, asked.

       Artemis sighed. "Dad, we don't have an exact date yet. But, it will most likely be in March."

       "It's never too early to plan a date," Jasper said. "And, Sebastian, my threat still stands. If you hurt my daughter again, I will use my shotgun."

       "In my defense, the break up was mutual," Seb said.

       "I will still use it."

       "Got it," Seb said. "Don't hurt Artemis if I want to live."

       Jasper nodded. "Good, good. So, who's the best man?"

       "Dax," Ty said in a sour tone. Baby.

       "Get over it," I said.

       "Come on, I'm his Irish twin," Ty said. "It would make more sense if I was the best man."

       "It makes more sense if I am considering you didn't meet until you were twelve," I pointed out. "Besides, he loves me more."

       "It shouldn't matter about how long we knew him," Ty said. "Like I said, Irish twins."

       "Yeah, his Irish twin who dated Artemis just to get Seb mad," I said. "It would be too awkward if you were the best man."

       "Says the one who hooked up with her not that long ago," Ty shot back.

       "Ty!" Sara said in a warning tone.

       "Fuck you, Ty," I said.

       "Dax!" Sara said. "Gemma's here!"

       "And Ty's a dick," I said. "Are we stating the obvious here?"

       "Yeah, I was stating the obvious of you hooking up with Artemis," Ty said.

       "I'm sorry," Artemis's mom, Vivienne, spoke up. "Who hooked up with whom?"

       "Mom, I can explain," Artemis said.

       Vivienne raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Was this before or after you got back together with Sebastian?"

       Thankfully, the waitress decided to show up with the drinks then. She then took our orders before walking away again. I was hoping Vivienne would have forgotten about the conversation we were having. She didn't.

       "Before or after?" she asked again.

       "....After," Artemis said with a sigh.

       "After?" Vivienne asked. "So you did something you swore you would never do, especially after Craig?"

       "We were drunk, and...."