Chapter 30

Chapter 30

       I hated going to school ever since Isadora got into the car crash. It was torture not having her remember me, and it was even worse seeing her show so much affection towards Collin. Why couldn't she believe me? Why couldn't she remember that she hated Collin more than anyone?

       I sighed as I walked into the school building, not wanting to be here yet again.

       But, at least Isadora was acting like we were best friends again. We laughed at jokes we shared, she smiled at me the same way she smiled at Collin, if not the way she always smiled at me. Collin was getting very mad, but he could deal with it.

       I walked up to Isadora's locker. She was going through it, trying to find her notebook for her first class. "Hey," I said.

       Isadora gave me a smile. "Hi."

       I then noticed that she was wearing the necklace I gave her a while ago.

       Isadora noticed me looking at it and she smiled even wider. "Isn't it pretty?" she asked. "Collin is such a great guy."

       I looked at her, my mood instantly deflating. "Collin?" I asked. "Let me guess, he told you that he's the one who got it for you?"

       "Yeah," she said, looking a bit confused.

       I was trying to keep my anger in, but it was getting awfully hard. "Why do you keep believing every single word he says?" I asked.

       "Um, because he's my boyfriend?"

       "No, he isn't!" I said, accidentally raising my voice. "I tried to go along with it, but I just can't anymore. You have to believe me, he isn't your boyfriend and he never will be. You hate him. You hate him more than anything and anyone."

       "But why would he lie to me about it?" Isadora asked.

       "Because that's who he is," I said. "He likes to take advantage of people's fragile state and he likes being a jerk."

       "I'm sorry, but I'm finding it hard to believe you," Isadora said. "My parents told me I have a boyfriend, but no other guy told me that he was my boyfriend so obviously it's Collin."

       "Wait, what?" I asked.

       "If Collin isn't my boyfriend, then who is?" Isadora asked. "And why hasn't he told me that he's my boyfriend? See? That is why I believe Collin."

       "Have you ever thought that maybe your boyfriend didn't want to put too much pressure on you?" I asked. "That maybe, he didn't want to pressure you into being in a relationship you don't even remember? Maybe it's killing your actual boyfriend, but he can't do anything about it because he loves you too much and he wants you to remember, but he can't put too much stress on you."

       Isadora stared at me for a bit, and I thought she was really going to believe me, but all she said was, "I have to go," before closing her locker and walking away.

       I sighed. I did not mean for that to happen, but honestly? I was so glad that I got that off of my chest, even if she didn't believe me. I just wanted her to remember me more than anything, but Collin was ruining it.

       With each passing day, the urge to beat him up was getting stronger and stronger. And if he kept this act up, if Isadora kept believing him, I was going to snap.

       And do a lot more damage then I did to that boy in juvie.

       My first period went by slowly and I made my way to my English class, my heart hurting when I saw Isadora and Collin walk together.