Chapter 20

Chapter 20

       I woke up with a pounding headache, one that I had only once before. It was when Seb was out of town and I decided to drink because he was ignoring me. Did I drink again?

       I opened my eyes and when my vision cleared, I saw Isadora sleeping soundly with her head rested on my chest. And even though the blankets were covering up to her armpit, I could tell she didn't have clothes on.

       And neither did I.

       Oh no.

       "Isadora?" I asked in a soft voice.

       She stirred for a bit before opening her yes. "Dax?" she asked. "Why am I here?" She then looked down at the blankets covering her body. "Did....did we....?"

       I sat up, revealing my shirtless chest as she sat up with me, keeping the blankets covering her chest. "It's all blurry," I said, rubbing my head. "The last thing I remember is going to that party."

       "Yeah, I remember that too," she said. "Um....Sorry to ask this, but are you....do you...." She sighed. "Are you naked?"

       "Yeah."

       "Oh."

       We were both silent. I think it was obvious what we did.

       Why did I drink again? Things never went well when I drank.

       I looked around my bedroom, hoping to get some memories from last night. There were our clothes from the party last night on the floor. I didn't see an empty bottles, so we probably got drink at the party and came here.

       My eyes then landed on my nightstand.

       Well then.

       There were no empty bottles, but there was an empty packet.

       I picked it up. "On the bright side, we used protection," I said, hoping to lighten to mood.

       "You think this is funny?" Isadora suddenly snapped at me.

       "I'm sorry, but humor is how I deal with serious situations," I said. "We slept together. Big deal."

       "Big deal?" Isadora asked. "Are you serious? What the hell is your problem, Dax?"

       "My problem?" I repeated. "There is no problem. We used protection, judging by this empty condom packet. It's not like I knocked you up."

       "I'm not talking about that," Isadora said. "I'm talking about the fact that I lost my virginity to you because I was drunk."

       "What?" I asked.

       "Dax, I am....was a virgin," Isadora said. "And I didn't want to lose my virginity while being drunk."

       "I....Me too."

       "Huh?"

       "I just lost my virginity to you," I said. "I was a virgin too and I didn't want to lost it by being drunk as well."

       Isadora looked shocked to hear that. "You....you were a virgin?"

       "Yeah," I said. "But I guess that doesn't matter. All that matters us whether you lost yours or not."

       "Dax, I didn't mean it like that," she said. "You were the one saying this isn't a big deal."

       "That's because it isn't," I said. "It's not like you were going to stay a virgin all your life."