"Shut up," he muttered, looking away from my intense gaze. "How do you even know about that anyway? Are you Sherlock Holmes in disguise?"

"No, if I was Sherlock Holmes, my alias would definitely be Shezza," I began, my eyes softening as I giggled. "Anyway, when you were playing that black piano as a kid, was that guy who looked like you your brother?"

"Wes? You saw Wes? And how do you know all this? Explain, weirdo, I'm two steps behind."

"I have an ability to look at people's pasts by touching their soul," I said, his eyes filling to the brim with bewilderment and curiosity. "It's kind of like how your meister, Maka, saved Crona by touching his soul and saving him in his lonely world. That's what Crona told me happened, at least."

"You talk to Crona?"

"Of course, losers have to stick together!" I said with a breathy laugh. "Anyway, we're getting sidetracked. The reason I saw your life as opposed to your soul's world is unknown to me, I've always had this ability. It really helps when trying to resonate with other people though!" I finished cheerfully, a wide smile taking over my lips. Soul chuckled and nodded in response, placing his large, pale hand atop my head and ruffling my h/l h/c tresses before dropping it back down to his side.

"Damn, I guess you are pretty cool after all, even if you are a weirdo," He smiled, "Anyway, why did you bring up that moment specifically?"

"It's easy for me to bond with, I know what that's like."

"What what is like?" Soul asked curiously, tipping his head to the side.

"Living in a sibling's shadow, it's hell," I muttered sadly. I felt a spark connect our souls briefly, my frown curving upwards at the thought. 'Yes, this is working!'

"You mean Sadie, how do you live in her shadow?"

"Damn, I can't believe I'm telling some popular this," I said, resting my arms on my chest while letting out a breath of air. "I was born into the L/n family as a meister. A family of pure weapons, yet I was born different. I was a disgrace, so everyone seemed to like Sadie more than me for obvious reasons. I was forever deemed 'unspecial' and 'unlucky,' so my family doesn't even acknowledge me as a person."

"Tch, that's not that bad. Who wants their folks all up on them anyway?" Soul asked harshly, though his eyes said another story. His crimson hues screamed in pity for me as he seemed to wallow in his own as well. "My parents were always on my ass about how Wes was better than me, how he would always be better than me. When I found out that I was a weapon, I was glad that I didn't have to hear my parents' rants about me not practicing piano enough, I could finally leave that hell hole."

"I know how you feel," I muttered, grabbing his hand. 'Is this enough?' My mind wondered as Soul and I stood together in silence. 'Though he has one moment of sadness, is it enough to bring us together as a meister and weapon team?'

"Soul," I muttered, my gaze meeting his. "Transform." Soul's frown morphed into a worried look then twisted up into a smirk.

"I'm going to trust that you're going to be okay, that I don't have to worry. Am I right?" 

"Idiot, you don't have to worry about me," I stared off to the side, one of my cheeks puffed out into a pout.

"Of course I have to worry about you," Soul muttered, his tone much gentler than before. "You're my temporary meister, my number one priority, I'm not going to let you hurt yourself by trying to match wavelengths with me." A genuine smile graced his lips, care showing in his eyes as his smile grew by the second.

"Eyes are the windows to the soul," I muttered, a smile forming on my own lips unbeknownst to me as well.

"What was that?" Soul asked quickly, not hearing my small comment.

"Nothing, just transform you dork."

"Fine, dork," Soul's body was enveloped in a bright blue light, the light compressing into a thin line and flying up into the sky. As it made its descent over to me the light became a scythe, it's blade colored black and red in a jagged fashion whilst an eye sat at the base, a gold decoration surrounding it and securing it onto its silver pole.

"Wow, aren't you a fancy death scythe," I said as I caught the pole in my hands. Once it was within my grasp my body fell forward with it, the blade sinking into the ground. "O-Oi! You're heavy for a small weapon!"

"Idiot, you're supposed to catch me!" Soul yelled in a muffled tone from the reflection in his blade, a frown set on his face. "Stop messing around!"

"I'm not, our souls didn't match after all that bonding shit!" I yelled in frustration, letting go of the scythe's handle as it was beginning to burn my palms. Soul quickly transformed back into his human form, him sitting cross-legged on the ground with a pout on his face. "I knew it, the popularity gap has made our soul wavelengths too different to be compatible."

"Alright then, how about this!" Soul sat up straight with a look of mischief in his eyes, his smirk widening to its fullest extent. "Kid talked about throwing a party in a tomorrow exclusively for the members of Spartoi. Since you're my partner now, you're technically in our group."

'Oh, hell,' I thought, knowing where Soul was going with this. 'First I'm deemed a member of Spartoi and now-,' my thoughts were cut short by Soul's few words that sent my spirits into oblivion.

"That means you'll be coming with me to the party to get over your bitterness with us, the Kings and Queens of the DWMA."