"Die already, you waste of space."

Uppercut.

And this went on, peers passing us by with their faces scrunched up in either a look of pity or in a spiteful glare directed at me--as if I deserved this. After five more minutes of incessant torture, Maka finally released my jacket to let my bruised and battered body slump to the ground before walking off casually--as if she'd only gone to get books from her locker. After a few minutes of rest, I grit my teeth and pushed myself up against the wall, clinging onto it for dear life as I limped through the halls. I have to get out of here.

I pushed open the DWMA's main doors and sauntered out slowly, looking up to see a gray, ominous tinge painting the vast, seemingly infinite sky. The dry heat clouding the air made it even harder for me to breathe as I struggled down the infamous school stairs--my thoughts tempting me to just give up trying. I hobbled around for a while longer until I found a quiet place to sit, finally plopping down onto the grass under the calming shade of a tree.

Drip.

The world around me was eerily quiet. It scared me half to death, to be quite honest, but I refused to let it show. My wounded body made me vulnerable enough as is.

Drip.

It had felt as if my brain had completely quit functioning as my vision blurred and my hearing went out--thoughts taking over my senses.

Drop.

I slowly shut my dulled e/c eyes, the world becoming nothing but a daze as one color overwhelmed my jaded senses; gold.

An all too familiar gold. The color made me feel warm--an overwhelming and indescribable warmth that twisted my stomach into knots and filled my heart with nothing but joy. At the same time, however, the color sent a chill down my spine--radiating an unpleasant combination of discomfort and fear. Despite the bad feelings this shade harbored, I couldn't help but want to bury myself in it and never leave, the good outweighing the bad.

The love outweighing the hate.

As if the auric hue had magical properties, it snapped me back to reality.

My eyes regained their color and awoke from their entranced and lackluster state, causing me to notice the rain that poured down from the heavens, soaking my clothes and body. My ears slowly began to perceive sound again as well, picking up on the large booms and claps of thunder shaking the earth below me.

I shivered, the rain harshly pelting my skin as I glanced up at the top of the DWMA's stairs, noticing I'd have to walk quite a ways before I'd be under shelter again. The DWMA may be far, yet I could still see a reaper, my reaper, standing outside in the rain, glancing at me with a look of sympathy present in his honey-colored hues.

His raven black locks stuck to his pale face while water droplets cascaded down the tips of his hair to the trim of his suit. Just as he outstretched a leg to take a step forward, my name was called from behind, a pair of arms wrapping around my soaking wet waist. I turned to see Nathan holding a pale blue umbrella above both his head and mine, a worried look present in his emerald eyes.

In that moment, Kid and whatever feelings I harbored toward him didn't exist, my thoughts solely regarding Nathan and his gorgeous-ass eyes. Despite being busted up and soaking wet, I felt euphoric--

"Dumbass, do you want to get sick?" Nathan grumbled, pulling me to my feet and breaking me of my thoughts. Wowie, Prince Charming, way to keep up the mood of being my savior. Tell me I'm worthless, while you're at it. "You need to be more careful!"

Preventing further argument as I didn't have the strength or the energy, I simply nodded at him, my e/c hues returning to an obscure state. He was only caring for me, I know, but after everything that's happened today, I really just can't deal with this.

I stood up from the muddy ground without a word, speed-limping away from the obviously annoyed Nathan despite the rain beating down on my y/h form. I looked toward the top of the DWMA's steps for a certain soaking-wet reaper (as only now did thoughts of him return) only to be met with his back, him slowly walking back into the academy. I averted my gaze in an unjustified bout of disappointment, beginning to quicken my pace as I didn't want to stay in the stridulous rain any longer.

"F/n! Wait!" Nathan cried out while chasing after me. I would've laughed if today hadn't been so horrendous, watching as his umbrella slightly tugged him back every time he attempted to move forward. He pulled against it with all his might, dashing to catch up with me. "Please!"

I sighed, realizing that I couldn't escape him forever, stopping in my tracks before turning to face the wary boy slowly, my figure slumped over and ragged. My h/l h/c locks were matted against my s/c face, my e/c eyes regaining their vivid coloration due to the single emotion they held; sadness.

The weak smile that curled at my lips just nearly met my eyes enough to hide the crystal tears that threatened to fall, but just like everything I do, it wasn't good enough. Realizing my happy facade wasn't helping this situation whatsoever, I allowed my tears to finally escape and become one with the rest of the rain.

Cliché, right?

Nathan observed me with pity present in his verdant orbs as if uttering a small and unsaid 'sorry', an apology he truly owed me. Sorry for what, you may ask? Just a major secret he withheld despite knowing it would change our relationship forever--whatever this relationship was.

"F/n, I was going to tell you-"

"Tell me when?" I yelled pitifully, a dumbstruck look crossing the blond's face.

"I don't know, after we became closer!? We haven't known each other for that long anyway--," Nathan's voice began to raise, his eyebrows furrowing in frustration.

Oh, no, he fucking didn't.

"It's been weeks since we've met!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, "You know practically all there is to know about me, you asshat!" The rain came down even harder. "She's my enemy, you know that!"

"Yeah, of course, I know! I've watched her beat you to a bloody pulp on multiple occasions!" A bitter laugh escaped his lips, his once beautiful green hues becoming an unfamiliar, dull, and distant shade. I wanted to recoil into myself. "Maybe I just didn't care to tell you," he muttered, his eyes searing holes into me. "You fucking loser."

An innumerable amount of tears dripped down my cheeks without a care in the world, a fissure forming within the very confines of my heart. My remaining sadness quickly turned to anger, my hand ripping across the boy's pale cheek.

"How dare you!" I cried out, running away from the blond with what little strength I had, bolting up the stairs to the academy. Images of what happened earlier today played through my mind as I continued to sprint through the furious rain, haunting my every step and shaky breath.

Just how much more of this could I take?

--

wowie completely redone im dead inside help

ps this takes so long please appreciate me ;-; (jkjk)