"Oh shit."

"Here we go guys, better whip out Snapchat! This one's going to be good, I can tell."

"Do you think that loser will put up a fight again?"

"If she's smart? Hell no. Then again, she was dumb enough to talk back to Liz last time."

"Have any flashy comments to make?" Liz growled me, placing her hands on her hips with a sardonic smirk tugging at her lips. After a moment of silence, her smirk grew. "Thought not," Evelyn grumbled next to me in reply whilst balling her small hands into fists.

The shouting and laughing of the crowd began to muddle together in my ears as the world began to slow down. I noticed Maka giggling with a book covering her mouth as if feigning innocence. Patty and Tsubaki stood looking defeated, tears brimming their eyes in sympathy for my unfortunate situation. Black*Star cheered delusionally about how he was a God, as always. Sadie snickered while clinging onto Soul, who held a neutral face. That leaves us with Kid, whose expression irked me the most.

"I'll always protect you!" a childish voice rang through my mind as the blurred voices of the crowd acted as background noise. How ironic--I couldn't help but think--a phrase said by the same reaper who simply averts his eyes every time this happens, every time his girlfriend terrorizes me. Every time my body shakes too much to even lift a finger. Every time I feel too weak to muster a word.

Every time I'm picked on.

A single feeling bloomed inside of me, growing over any lingering affections that resided in my heart. I bitterly remembered the countless times I was too scared to retaliate--to utter a single word in response to Liz's spiteful comments. I remembered all the times she had kicked, punched, and abused me like a personal punching bag.

The time she had ruined my life and made it a living hell.

It only made that feeling flourish within me, allowing my shaking to stop and the thorny vines of this bitter emotion to hold the remains of my crumbling walls together.

Hatred

/ˈhātrəd/

Noun-

The feeling of one who hates;

intense dislike or extreme aversion or hostility.

The definition is laughable in comparison to what I feel. I feel as if my blood is boiling, acting as a remedy for my aching nerves. I feel as if my eyes can only see the world through a vibrant and angry red lense, purging all other colors from my sight. I feel as if I have immense strength despite my lack thereof. I could feel the lump in my throat dissipate for the second time ever, making me feel damned invincible.

'I stood up to her last time and I can do it again now,' I thought, a smirk enveloping my dried pink lips. Turning to look at Kid, I stared into his golden eyes with confidence. 'Today, I'm going to catch your attention, Death the Kid. I'm going to make you witness the horrors of your girlfriend head-on. I'm going to make you realize how horrible you've been to me. I'm going to show you what you're missing out on. After all,

'You can't live in a dream forever.'

I shook my head and once again focused on the situation at hand, finally noticing how dangerously close Liz's face was to mine. Half her blonde locks were tossed carelessly over her shoulder while her hands still remained on her hips.