Back off

"Thanks for today Logan. I had a really great time." I turn to face him in the truck as we are almost back to my house. My house. It still feels slightly strange calling it my house, but it also feels right. We spent the rest of the day after our gentle hike, just talking about everything and anything and driving whichever direction we wanted. There were a few questions I wanted to ask him but I didn't really have the courage to ask.

Like Tara.

Like how he heard me.

Like the electricity thing.

My phone tings with a message, I look at it and see it's from Amber.

Amber: did you forget to tell me something?? Wink wink!! I want the details..... All of them! I'll come get you for school in the morning.

Me :huh????

I quickly type back my reply.

"Something wrong? You look confused?" Logan asks. I shake my head and shrug.

"Just Amber. She just sent a strange text. No need to worry." I'm feeling a little disappointed. I don't want the day to end. I really have had a nice day. And driving with Logan today has actually made me realise how much I miss driving. I think I will take Chris up on his offer tomorrow.

"If your sure. Want me to give you a lift to school in the morning? I don't mind." He asks as we pull up in front of my porch. And both get out the car. We meet by the front of the truck. It's a little dirty now from our days driving. I hear my phone go off again but decide to ignore it for now.

"No it's fine. Thanks though. Amber is going to come and get me. Your cars all dirty now. I think your going to have a job cleaning it." I say, pointing to the car. He just looks at me with a huge cheeky grin on his face.

"Well technically we both made it dirty so I think it's only fair that you help me clean it." He has a smile on his face like he has just had the best idea in the world.

"Oh really? Well technically you asked me to spend the day with you. And driving was your idea, so I don't really see why I should have to clean it." I reply with a grin of my own.

"I'll make you a deal. You go on a real date with me. And I'll clean it ready for the date." Date?? An actual date?

"Um Logan , I'm not sure that's a good idea. I mean I know we just spent the day together and it was great, really it was. But there's that ..... Um..... Thingy..... With your family arrangements, and to be honest I'm not really in a place where I'm ready to be on dates yet. I still have some things in my head to concentrate on. Does that make sense?" 

Great I pretty much just told him I'm mental. He just stays stood in front of me but moves a little closer and puts his hands on my waist. I can feel ten bolts of lightening coursing through my body at the connection. Yeah I need do figure that out too.

"I get it, really I do. But I already told you not to worry about my family stuff. I've got it under control. And your stuff in your head, I want to help you through it. But it's fine. I'll bring the car round in the week and you can just help me wash it."

He smiles and tugs me closer to him. I think I'm starting to lose the feelings in my legs. It's a good job he's holding onto me. I felt so confident talking to him two minutes ago, now just because he's holding my waist and staring at me I can't seem to think straight.

"Oh" is all I manage to get out. It's like he knows he is having an effect on me, and he gets a mischievous glint in his eyes. He bends down to my ear and grips my waist a little tighter.