Mis - understood

Hey guys,
Hope you are all enjoying the goings on in River Falls. Here's a pic of aunt Sara. Minus the paint splatter!

Xxx

-------
-------

"Hey Alex, what about this one?" Aunt Sara holds up a pink hoodie, we have been shopping for a while now and probably have enough warmer clothes now to last through the winter, but aunt Sara seems to be having a great time. I haven't seen her smile so much in a while so I don't really want to tell her I'm ready to leave.

"I think I have enough now but it is cute. You wanna maybe get something to eat?" At the same time my stomach decides to join our conversation, making us both laugh.

"Yeah, we can just pay for these then head to the food court."

We grab a table after getting our pizza, it's quite a large mall. It took us about forty minutes to drive here, but I did manage to get everything I needed. There were a few different options of what to eat but pizza was calling me. Our table has already been cleaned off but today's newspaper has been left behind with the front page showing. 'Body Found' is printed in large letters. Aunt Sara starts to read it.

"What's happened?" I ask her. She begins to read the story and gives me the basics.

"A body of a young woman has been found up the mountain. They think she was hiking and must have been attacked by an animal. Apparently it wasn't a pretty sight when she was found. Covered in claw marks. Probably bears or wolves." Wolves?

"I thought you said that the wolves are harmless and they don't attack?" I'm suddenly thinking back to last night. That could have been me. What was I thinking. I'm starting to panic just thinking about it.

"Well they don't usually, but you said you've heard growling closer to town, they don't usually do that either. Maybe something has disturbed them, they are wild animals after all."

We just make light conversation while we eat. When we are almost done tingles suddenly shoot up my spine and makes my head a little fuzzy, and my stomach has a strange feeling too. I look up from eating my fries and I notice that Logan is stood on the other side of the food court. Watching me. It sounds creepy, but I don't find it creepy. Aunt Sara notices that I'm staring at something and follows my eye line.

"Someone you know from school? He looks nice."

Logan raises his one eye brow and smirks as if he heard exactly what my aunt just said.

"He is from school, but he's not nice. He's a jerk."

Logan looks down at his shoes and starts to walk away. I feel a little guilty for saying that about him, but I don't really have any reason to think otherwise. Apart from our very first meeting he's not said a single nice thing to me.

"Uh huh, well I just need to go and get a few art supplies. You be ok on your own for a while? I'll be about an hour in the art store and you'll just be bored. I'll call you when I'm done?"

"Yeah that's fine no worries. I might just go to the book store." At that aunt Sara wanders off and I'm left finishing the last of my milkshake.

I hear a chair pull out beside side me and and a hand land on my arm. I feel electricity go through me at the connection. I look up and find that I'm staring straight into Logan's eyes. Although I didn't need to look up. I knew it would be him. I've never had this feeling in my stomach with anyone before, well apart from the wolf, but I don't think that really counts.

"Hey Alexia, is there any chance we could start again?" Well I was not expecting him to say that. Before I could say anything, he carries on.

"I think I mis understood something, and I let it get to me." He gives me a small smile.