Tarzan

We carried on driving, just talking about random things. What we liked about school, what we didn't like. He told me which teachers were easy and which ones I had to watch out for. It turns out he's not your typical jock. He is actually also a straight A student. I'm not sure why but I didn't expect him to be. We saw a sign for a cafe and pulled off the road so we could get some breakfast and much needed caffeine.

We sat in a booth opposite each other and waited for the waitress to come over. When she did, thankfully she was a older, plump looking women with a gentle face and friendly smile. I breathed a sigh of release. I really didn't want a repeat of yesterday. She could flirt with him all she liked. She reminded me of grandma. Her name tag said her name was Bertha.

"Good morning dears, what can I get for ya?" Bertha says merrily.

"Can I get a large strong coffee and blueberry pancakes please?" She nods her head and takes down my order.

"Well Bertha I'll take a coffee as well, with the waffles and steak please." He says with a big smile.

"Ok sugars I'll be right back with your coffee." Bertha leaves us alone at our table. I take a look around and notice there's a few other people in. They look like regulars, just sat reading the paper or digging into their breakfast. Bertha comes back quickly with our coffee and fills our cups. Which I put a generous amount of sugar in as usual.

"Just let me know if you want a refill dears" We both politely nod our heads and say thank you.

"So, steak for breakfast? I never understood why people do that. Its more of a dinner meal than breakfast. My dad always used to order it when we went out for breakfast." I didn't mean to talk about my dad but when Logan ordered the steak it reminded me of him. And I just feel so relaxed it slipped out. Its amazing how much more at ease I feel with him now. Although the flutters in my stomach still make me slightly nervous.

He looks at me with sympathy in his eyes and now I'm dreading the next conversation because I know it's going to be about them. He opens his mouth to say something, but quickly closes it and just smiles at me.

"Well, I'm a big meat eater. Never could understand vegetarians. And the bloodier the better."  I pull a disgusted face at him, but inside I'm relieved. It's like he knew what I was thinking and changed his mind on what to say at the last second.

"I'm all for eating meat, but if I'm eating a meal I don't want blood anywhere near my plate, let alone on it. So I have a question for you..."

"Shoot" he opens his hands in front of me palms up then places them on the table in between us. I'm actually slightly nervous to ask this question and I don't know why. I fold both my hands around my coffee cup and stare into my cup. Just as I'm about to ask Bertha comes over with our breakfasts.

"Here you go sugars. Pancakes for you lovely and steak for you. Can I get ya anything else?" She asks. We both say no and start to eat our food.

"Ummm theses pancakes are the best I've ever tasted. Here you wanna try" I hold some out on my fork to him, then start to feel my cheeks redden a little as I realise that it's quite an intimate thing to do. Even if it is only pancakes. He smiles at me and takes hold of my hand to pull the fork closer of his mouth and takes the pancake. Shocks run through my arm as he holds my hand. I really need to ask him what that is. Maybe he got electrocuted when he was younger and has lots of static running in him??  I mean there's got to be a logical explanation, and I know it's not me because it doesn't happen with anyone else. He lets me have my hand back once he's finished eating the pancake.