The Game

we have a pic to put with Chris. You're welcome!!

Xx Lizzie xx

-----
-----

Aunt Sara was really pleased when I asked her about the game. I think she was worried that I wouldn't like my new school and wouldn't want to stay around here. Although she had never said it out loud, I know she would consider moving if I really hated it here. But I knew she loved it in River Falls and I was already imposing in her life enough as it was, with out having to move to a different town as well.

She was going to drop me off at the game, and if I couldn't get a ride home with Amber or Chris then I would just let her know and she would come and get me. I really needed to learn how to drive that truck, I couldn't keep relying on others for lifts if I was actually going to have a social life. Which I did actually want. I needed to get back in the drivers seat.

Changing into a fresh pair of skinny jeans with rips on the legs and a long sleeve top with a band tee shirt over the top for added warmth, I really needed to go shopping . Again my leather jacket is just going to have to do. I don't have another. Aunt Sara did offer me something of hers but I'm ashamed to say I turned it down because I didn't think I looked nice in it. What's wrong with me. After one day at this school I'm caring about what others think of what I'm wearing. Or maybe I was always like this and just forgot for a little while.

Touching up my make up, adding a little more than what I wore to school, I mean it's going to be dark out right? That's the only reason I'm making the extra effort. Nothing to do with a guy.

Well....

Apparently game nights were a big deal at school, to the whole town really. Almost everyone is going.  If my aunt was interested in sports in the slightest I think she would have been staying at the game with me. As it is she couldn't even say what shape the ball was or how points were scored.

She drops me off and I try to go find Amber and the others. The boys are already in the locker room getting ready for the game so I guess I won't see them till after the game. I find them relatively easy and we go and grab some hot dogs and drinks and make our way over to the stands to get some seats.

The cheerleaders come out in their skimpy outfits. They have got to be freezing, they might as well be wearing underwear.  I notice right at the front leading the squad is Tara. I hate to admit it but she is actually quite good at it. Having that much co ordination was never really something I was good at.

When the teams starts coming out onto the field the crowd goes wild, Rachel and Amber are screaming and hollering the loudest next to me. Caroline is a little bit more reserved, so thankfully I'm not the odd one out by not shouting. I get that feeling again that someone is watching me and after a while my eyes meet a pair of green ones.  Although from this distance the only reason I know they are are green is from memory, I can tell he is smiling so I smile at him and give a small hand wave and he nods back at me. I'm glad he is so far away that he can't see the blush rising in my cheeks. I could just blame the cold though. Yeah that's what I'll do if anyone does notice.

Then it's game time. Logan is the Quarterback, and I can easily see why. He just takes complete control, and makes good use of his arm muscles when he's throwing the ball. He is on fire tonight. I wonder if he is always this good or if he's just having a good night.  Chris is also easy to spot. Probably the second biggest player on the field with Logan being the biggest out of both teams. He is fast. I don't know the full rules and positions, just enough to enjoy watching a game now and then. When we score a touch down though I can't help myself grinning and cheering along with every one else . It's just infectious here.