Welcome to the Black Parade

" When I was a young boy

my father took me to the city 

to see a marching band--"

" So,  yeah." I sighed as I listened to Garerd's voice starting the song for the fourth time now. "I thought -- I thought I was gonna have have a hard time planning out my future. Well, turns out it was already sorted out for me."

I inhaled deeply, pushing my hands further into my pockets as I glanced around taking in my surroundings. The cemetery was well-kept, roses were growing in neat bunches and the hedges were trimmed to perfection. It made me feel so....happy. At least I knew he was safe up there with the creator as well as down here, six feet beneath the earth. I sighed, then slowly sat on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest, then rested my chin on them.

"It's...crazy," I turned to look around me. "I don't know what to do, Nick. Oh, how I wish you were here, I'm sure I would've never gotten into this mess in the first place! I'm sure that you would've stood up to my parents, you -- you..." I trailed off, unable to continue as my tears threatened to pour out.

It took me a while to blink the tears away, calm my self down. I inhaled and exhaled, my breath forming white clouds before my eyes. Finally, I say, "Your hoodie...it's -- it's ruined. That asshole ruined it," I chuckled bitterly. Louis was an asshole, though he was an asshole that needs to learn that I was not one for pranks. 

Out of pure honesty, I feel guilty. He slept on the couch, in the freezing weather and had no access to thicker clothing, or any sort of warmth. He is, of course, at fault, though he hadn't known that I took the more serious path in life, avoiding pranks like the plague. 

NIck had done it once too, pranked me, I mean. The jerk switched my shampoo for orange dye, and that did not, by any means, go down well. I had known it was him ever since I unwrapped that towel and saw the bloody colour covering my hair, I mean who else would  pick orange?! It's orange for God's sake!

So, I decided it was Nick, threw a tantrum, pretended to be mad at him for an entire day before he  came apologising as though his life depended on it. It was quite a scene, to be honest.

Louis is yet to have an understanding of who I really am, and what I like and what I don't. Turning it over in my head a couple of times, I realised that I shouldn't have gotten as emotional as I have. Poor boy, has to deal with my bi polar tendencies.

A couple of hours later and I was making my way home. I had stayed at the cemetery for about four hours before I decided that I should head back before I'm too late, and if luck is on my side tonight, Louis would've gone out with the rest of the boys, leaving the house to me and my thoughts. I am yet to ponder on what on earth was I to say to him for guilt has been clawing up my insides ever since I left Nick. As I turned around the corner, I spotted our driveway and started jogging lightly towards it when I saw that no car was parked there. Both joy as well as relief bubbled up inside of me. Oh, thank you, God.

I turned my key twice before I pushed the door open slightly, after poking my head through discreetly. I sighed in relief when I encountered nothing but darkness, and so I swung the door open then quickly shut it. Turning around, it took me a moment to register that the house was dark. Too dark. Like, I can't see anything dark. Confusion filled me as I tried turning on the light switch, though the room remained as dark as ever. As I started making my way to the drawn curtains, a faint flame caught my attention, and just like that, candles were being lit everywhere, and Louis was the one doing it.

My breath caught in my throat as I took in my surroundings, only the faint, flickering flames from the candles lighting it up. 

"Umm, uh," was all that came out of my mouth as my eyes followed Louis' actions, and when he finally lit the last candle, he turned around and started making his way towards me. When he was only a few inches away, he handed me a startlingly red rose. He had a subtle smile on his face and when I was about to ask about what this was all for, he beat me to it, "You seemed excited out there, were you expecting something perhaps?" he had a smirk on his face. 

"Um, no, not at all..." I trailed of as I lightly scratched my neck, a habit I had adapted and had always found myself doing when my nerves got the best of me. "I just assumed that you would've went out with the boys that's all. What's this all about anyways?"

"Well, I..." he trailed of. It was his turn to be nervous. "I -- I just want to apologise for what happened, I didn't realise that it would upset you. I'm so sorry." 

"Its -- its OK," I finally said, and managed to force a smile onto my face. 

"Well, come with me then, I got a surprise for you," he said as his happy expression returned causing me to giggle at his excitment. His hand slowly reached out to grab mine, but I pretended like I didn't notice, and just stashed it in my pocket. I instantly felt bad when I saw his face fall, but I just wasn't ready to bring back things to the usual just yet. 

________________________________________

OK! I'm super sorry, like super duper sorry! I was just so busy with school and I had writers block and I don't even know what happened! I just forgot with all this stuff on my shoulders!

It has a weird end, I know. So sorry!

-MarzBar