Chapter 2 - Carter

Carter was exhausted. After teaching magic classes all day and doing schoolwork all evening, he was looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Carter.

He thought Horus was messing with him.

Shut up, Horus, he thought.

It wasn't me! Horus protested. It's the Greek!

Carter.

The Greek. Ten months previously, Carter had had an incident with a giant crocodile monster, a petsuchos. A dude with an orange camp shirt and a glowing bronze sword had helped him get rid of the petsuchos. Percy. That was his name. He used strange words like Tartarus and Celestial Bronze. He also talked about Greek gods like they really existed.

Carter. Epirus, Greece.

Suddenly Carter didn't feel very tired.

He opened the door to his sister Sadie's room. She was on her bed, working through her homework. Music was blaring from the speakers on her desk.

"Sadie?" Carter said, causing his sister to look up from her work. "Call Walt, Jaz, and Zia to the common room. We have important things to discuss."

********************************************************************************

"How do you know that they aren't luring us into an ambush?" Zia demanded. Walt opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but quickly closed it as Zia continued.

"And Greece? They probably plan on us being exhausted from traveling so they can have an easy time killing us! How do you know they didn't find a way to change the spell? Why-"

"First, I believe Percy would only use the spell in a time of great need. We'll never know unless we check it out. Second, there is no way to change that kind of spell and you know it, Zia. You're just making yourself believe your words. You know that they aren't true." At this, Zia looked annoyed, but Carter wasn't finished. "And third, he may not be a magician, but he's on our side. You can stay if you want, but I'm going. who's with me?"

Walt, Jaz, and Sadie raised their hands. Zia scowled.

"Fine," she spat. "I guess that means I have to come along to make sure you don't get yourself killed. But don't think I'm happy about this."

Carter smiled. She was so happy about this.

"Okay," he said, taking charge as a leader. "We'll meet here in five minutes with all our stuff. Sadie, you should get started on the portal."

**********************************************************************************

What do you think? It's not super long, but I'm hoping the next chapter can be longer. It's an Annabeth chapter! Yay! Please comment. I just love seeing how many people read my story! Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!