Ch. 11 - Reality Check

Vanoss

"You're delusional!"

-

"Evan, you do realize that someday, you can't rely on video games or virtual reality to help you succeed in life, right?"

"I know. Don't worry, I'll have everything figured out in my life, promise."

"If you say so, little bro,"

-

"Evan.. You can't play those goddamn video games all day! Your grades are getting worse by the minute!"

-

"You're a disappointment to this family. Look at your brother and myself, we are succeeding in our own way. And what the hell are you going to do, Evan?"

--

I shot up from my bed. Who knew you could still have dreams in the virtual world.. I was shaking and in a sweat. I got up and changed. I headed downstairs where the guys were. They were all gathered around the table, smiling and eating together. Lui glared at me as soon as he saw me. None of the guys thought anything of it. He probably didn't tell them about last night.

"Morning, Evan, you slept in a little," Moo said.

"Yeah, sorry," I replied and took a seat with some food.

I stared at my food a bit.
Did I really say all those things yesterday? What was wrong with me?

"Lui," I began, he looked up in response, "I'm sorry about last night, I dunno what came over me."

Lui sighed and gave a very small smile. The guys both looked at us in confusion.

"It's alright, Evan. It's been a heck of a month." He said.

Mini chugged down his milk and cleared his throat after.

"Okay, what the fuck happened with out us?"

"Oh, it's nothing important." Lui giggled and got up, taking everyone's plates and putting them away.

I gave Lui a warm smile. His forgiveness was a huge relief and less tension. I adjusted my clothing and inhaled deeply, thus exhaling slowly.

"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked.

"Not sure, we could go training some more. We do need the skill. Although I bet we are all worn from that," Lui suggested, "or we can go browsing at the markets?"

"I vote markets!" Mini raises his hand.

"Ditto!" Moo mimics Mini.

I shake my head, "I guess we are going to the markets,"

"Do you not want to go?" Lui raises an eyebrow.

"Huh? O-Oh no, it's fine, I was just.." I bit my lip, "nothing.. Let's just go,"

I get up and head outside. I wait at the from of the hotel for the guys. I notice something on the broadcasting hologram. Another guild is attempting the floor. I snicker and roll my eyes. Another failure, I presume, I think to myself. Though, there was no further information on whether they made it or not. Must be a longer thing like the other one.

"You ready, Vanoss?"

I turn and see Lui and the rest come out of the hotel.

"Yeah. Let's get going," I said as we began to walk to the markets.

--