Ch. 8 - Guild

Delirious

I rest my hand against my head, looking up at the night sky. It reminded me so much of home - I knew it was all fake - it was so pretty. I had been sore from sparring with others all day. I was getting stronger. I need to; no, I have to. In order to save everyone.

I can't be a coward. There are so many people that are staying low, not even attempting to try their hardest. Even if they do, they're all idiots. Their techniques, strategies, it's all a mess.

I can't sleep. I know I need it, though.
I shake my head slightly and get up from the desk I was sitting at. I exit and lock my room. I head downstairs, the person at the desk is fast asleep, so I sneak out and sprint to the field.

I lay down in the soft grass, a small breeze brushing against it and my body. This mask.. has it changed me? Seeing the world in its true form? Maybe that was a good thing.

--

I walk around the town as usual looking for good sales. But something caught my eye. It was a guild, the same guild that had Mark in it. He was trying again. I shake my head and sigh. I jog over to entrance and notice Mark had a big crowd. A few people behind him with big smiles and confident stances.

Mark's proud eyes landed on me and he opens his mouth and waves me over.
I walk over and smile under my mask.

"Delirious! Good to see you again, man!" He said, patting my back.

"I see you've got quite the crowd this time around," I say and nudge his shoulder, "who's the guy with the green hair?"

I noticed him staring at him earlier.

"Oh.. That's Jack. I'm so glad he's with us.. He's..awesome!" Mark smiled widely, admiring him.

I snicker and mock him a bit. He rolls his eyes and turned back to me.

"Hey, you want to join? It's be awesome to have you," Mark asked, pleading almost.

I shook my head, "You know me Mark, I work alone-"

"Oh come on.. Please..! It'll be fun. Besides we're on a mission and we need your help!" Mark clasped his hands together and gave wide eyes at me.

I snort and give in. What could go wrong?

"Alright, quit pulling at my leg I'll join!"

"Alright! Nice! Thanks Del! I'm excited!" Mark said with excitement.

I chuckled and he grabbed my hand, lifting it in the air for everyone to see. The crowd roared, some disappointed that they couldn't join, and some happy for me..?

After the crowd left it was just me and Mark and the rest of the guild. Each getting to know each other.
Mark grabbed my hand once more, pulling me to the others as we all sat in a circle talking.

"Hey guys, meet Delirious, he's the second person I've met!" Mark introduced me to his friends.

Who was the first? I though to myself.

Jack gave me a huge smile and jumped up, he was very energetic.

"Top of the mornin' to ya, Delirious!" Jack giggled, his voice a heavy Irish accent. He nudged my arm in a joking way. I smiled and shook his head.

"You too, Jack, Mark's told me about you," I answer.

Mark flushed and looked down. Jack smirked and stood with his chest puffed out.

"I am quite the hottie and tough!" Jack teased.

Everyone laughed.
A girl with long brown hair smiled slightly. She looked like the quiet type. I walked over and put out a hand. She took it and shook it slowly.

"My name's Delirious, you?" I greet.

"I-It's Marzia.." She said quietly with a smile.

No wonder she looked familiar! I thought, she's from school, she's Felix's girlfriend! Then where's-

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn and raise an eyebrow.
Felix.

"Hey, what's up? My name's Felix!" He had a huge smile, unlike how he was a school. Who was this guy?

"Delirious," I simply say. I decide to keep my mouth shut about school. I wanted to keep my identity a secret didn't I? And that's what I'll be doing.

We talk for awhile and turns out, I had misjudged Felix. He was a pretty cool dude. He was just trying to fit in like everyone else, I'm sure.

"How's about we celebrate, bros!?" Felix shouted. Mark pumped a fist and yelled in agreement, Jack did the same. Marzia and I shook our heads as we began to walk to the pub. Marzia and I didn't drink we just sat and watched the fools have fun and sing karaoke.

"They're idiots.." She mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

I snort and agree with her as we continue to joke about them. These guys didn't seem that bad. Clueless as hell, but.. they're showing me a different reason to live; a real reason to survive.

"What's the mission tomorrow Mark was on about?" I turn to her and ask.

"I dunno, he's very secretive about his missions," she says, but rolls her eyes and laughs at her next statement, "he says it makes it 'suspenseful' or 'fun' to not know,"

"What a dork," I smile.

"Yeah, but they're smart,"

"Really, now?" I snicker.

"Yeah, heh, may not look like it, but each are smart in their own little way," she giggles, "it's cute honestly,"

I nod and watch them some more. They were rough housing on who got to go next.

"Even you.." Marzia says suddenly. I turn to look at her. Even if she couldn't see my expression. "You're mysterious, alright, but something about you tells me you're very intelligent on what's going on here,"

I laugh a bit, "I wish I was.."

"Hm," she hums, "I suppose, you just don't know it.."

I shrug and rest my elbows back on the bar and watch the guys come over, drunk and out of it.

Marzia and I walked them back to the hotel. I said goodbye and walked back to the Inn I was staying at and promised to meet them at dawn tomorrow to spar and discuss the mission.

This could be a start of something unique in my view.

---