Ch. 10 - Not Child's Play

Delirious

"Can you believe what happened to that guild?" Mark started, having us gathered around.

"It's very concerning, though it gives us a warning. Now we know that this guy wasn't bluffing," Marzia stated.

I sigh heavily and browse my loot.

"Just means we have to train more! Work harder!" Jack said, enthusiasm laced in his tone.

"Sean's right," Mark said.

"Who's 'Sean'?" I ask.

"Oh, that's Jack's real name, he prefers Jack but.. Oh oops.. Sorry Sean.." Mark pinches himself.

"I can speak for myself, ye know. It's fine Mark," he chuckled.

"On a serious note, how about we try and find our special perk or whatever," I suggest.

Felix sits down next to his girlfriend and puts an arm around her. I've really grown to know these people, they're like family at this point. Marzia's like my little sister. It has been almost a month after all.

"Sounds like a plan, I think I've nearly got a magic spell on my two-handed sword!" Jack jumps up.

"Well, let's get a move on." Mark motions his hand and everyone springs to their feet, rushing outside.

I stop in my tracks and Felix notices, he stays back and asks what I'm thinking about.

"Well, I've gotta run a quick errand.." I murmur slightly.

Felix smiles, "Go ahead, I'll let Mark know, he won't mind,"

"Thanks, Pewds,"

I wave and run into the town to the blacksmiths shop. I needed a new sword. A stronger one, mines durability was running short. I enter and see a woman cleaning a sword with a rag. Her hair had purple streaks and she was very curvy. She looked up and gave me a smile.

"Welcome!" She had an accent, her voice very loud and confident.

I walk up to the counter and gaze upon the racks of swords, knives, and other weapons.

"What can I do for ya?" She sets the sword she was cleaning aside and leans over the counter.

"I was looking to either get a new stronger sword to replace this one, or perhaps make this one better," I hand her mine.

She looks at intensely.
"I think we can make this better," she says, "hey, nom!"

"Yes, bubby?" Another woman enters the room, her hair wavy and black. She wore a nice red dress, almost opposite to the other woman.

"Think you can help me with this? Get the machine running and I'll be back there once it's ready?" She asks politely.

"Sure, love,"

"Thanks Krism!" She waves to the woman named Krism, as she takes the sword to the back.

"While we're waiting," she continued and looked at me, "what's your name?"

"Oh, it's Delirious," I put out a hand as she shakes it, "you?"

"Minx, and the woman that took your sword is my wife Krism,"

"How sweet," I comment, "are you two married outside of the game as well?"

"Of course," she chuckles, "I love my nom, she's adorable,"

"How come you're a blacksmith, don't you want to get out of this game?" I pry.

"Well, we're what you call, 'the watchers'. Or if you want to be simply plain rude about it, we gave up, we decided to give back and help them - the people - beat this game than risk it for ourselves,"