Ch. 7 - Three Days

Vanoss

It's been three days. The guys and I have gotten to the point where we know it's happening and our only goal is to get out. We did many missions, got gear, and trained, leveled. We became pretty well-known for awhile. Many people were approaching is for help or asking if we wanted to join their guild. But wanting to stay on our own - we politely declined - though in return for their kindness, we usually give them a few coins.

Living here wasn't that bad, but all of it just didn't seem right. I miss my family. Who knows how worried they must be.

"Hey, Vanoss," Moo said, breaking my thought process, "do you want to try and get past level one today?"

I raise an eyebrow, the other two a few feet ahead. I shook my head.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I say, trying to keep my tone soft, making sure it didn't sound rude. "Mini is still pretty shaken up. Even if he's gotten better, he still has hardly any special skill, or strong point."

"He's getting there, maybe give him a chance. How about we practice his magic today?"

"I guess so, it's just- you know we all have our strong points. Our special skills haven't even unlocked yet, or even peeked, yes, but we have something going. Mini's just.." I sigh and look at his wide grin on his face as he talks to Lui, "he's a late bloomer, I suppose. He's kinda like my brother,"

Moo laughed lightly, "That's nice.. but you can't over protect him."

"I know," I smile, faintly, "we can go practice in the field tomorrow."

"Alright, cool, I'll let them know." Moo said, and started to quicken his pace to catch up with the two.

I smirk at them. I watch the sky turn orange and the sun setting behind us as we headed back to the Inn.
I do miss my family. A lot, my mother, my brother..even my father.

"Evan!" My ears spring like a dog to the sound of my real name.

"C'mon you slow poke! Off in dream land, even in the virtual world!" Lui smiles.

I chuckle and jog up to them as we entered town.

--

I looked out to the night sky. For a virtual world, it sure reminded me of home. Though, it only made me miss home. This made me think of my mother. The divorce.

Why couldn't she take me instead of leaving her two sons with the reason the divorce happened?

Ever since the divorce, I never saw my mother, or haven't at least, since then.
It's been two years. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh heavily.

The moon's light illuminated in my room, touching the wooden floor, and partially my bed. I would sleep, I need sleep, but it wasn't even sleep.
Was it?

There was a sudden knock at the door as I jumped. The door creaked open, the hallway light creeping in.

"I figured you were still awake," Lui says, smirking, as he stepped in, closing the door.

I give a breathy huff, "Yeah, but am I really awake?"

Lui sighed. "No, but-"

"I don't see the point in sleeping if I'm already asleep anyway," I say bluntly.

"Well, like the real world, you need your rest in order to fight, so come on," Lui begs, "I could hear you thinking through the wall, that's how bad it is."

I shake my head and look bad outside, the town filled with lights.
"I miss home," I say, not even realizing it, "It's only been three days, and I hate home.."

"It's just your brain telling you it isn't right. Trust me, no one's really settled to this within three days," Lui reassured me.

"I guess, you should get sleep too, you know," I snickered.

"Yeah, yeah," Lui made his way back to the door and opened it to exit, "goodnight, Evan.. Try not to think too much."

"Yeah, night," was all I said in reply.

Lui closed the door with a click as I ruffled my hair.
The touch, the aroma, the sight, the taste.. It was all so accurate to the real world. Could I get lost in this world?

That's what I was afraid of, losing my sanity to a world of this factor.
I pause and watch the clouds in the sky once more before laying on my bed and falling asleep.

--

"Alright, Mini, just relax and keep your focus on the boar," I instruct him, as he holds his sword by his side.

He inhaled and exhaled heavily and gripped the sword tightly.

"HYAAAAAAAA!" He roared as he sprinted to the boar and attempted to slice it.

It would've been perfect; if..he didn't miss.

"GODDAMMIT!" Mini growled.

"You know what? Boars are just way too easy, lemme fight a monster!" Mini smirked.

I rolled my eyes and helped him reposition.

"If you want to kill a monster with this move you have to kill that boar with his move," I informed.

His move was a magic move, including a sword. What is supposed to happen is, the sword will electrify then, once he hits the target, any other targets will be zapped in the process. Though nothing was sparking.

"You can do it, Mini!" Lui cheered and encouraged him. The boar wasn't frightened at all, still munching on its lunch.

"I got this, this time," he mumbled to himself.

Once again he roared and the sword was illuminated with electricity. My face lit up wth excitement, so did the guys'. But once again, he missed, his sword slamming into the ground.

"Ugh! Fucking, hell! Piece of shit! Why won't you work!?" Mini cursed.

I place my hand in his shoulder and calm him down.

"Listen, you'll get it soon. Trust me, okay? How about - so you can blow off some steam - we go to the bar?" I ask, having some extra coins on me.

"S-Sure," he huffed a bit anxious and angry.

I nod my head to the side as we began to walk.

As we walked through the town a beam of light with a guild name, that was unrecognizable to read, showed on the sky. I raise an eyebrow. Without paying attention to wear I was going I tripped and fell on top of someone.

"Oh.. Shit.." I groaned and I opened my eyes, seeing I was on top of a - somewhat - creepy masked person.

"Ugh.." He growled, "get off!"

I jump up quickly and put out a hand to help, but he whipped it away.

I scoff and watch him walk away.
What a jerk..

"Vanoss! Let's get turnt!" Mini says, already buzzed at the entrance of the place.

I frown but plaster a smile on my face and join them.

---

Tatinof above! I'll post something on my rant book later.. :3 about it..
IT WAS AWESOME SAD ITS OVER!

~Danirious