Chapter 21: Struggle

"What the hell do you mean mutt? Where is my brother?" I asked angrily Victoria tried to put her hand on me but I brushed it off. "Where the hell is my brother?" I demanded again. My mother was cursing at the council in Romanian. Gale was on her heels demanding answers.

The lycans then pushed in a dark ebony casket with the family crest embroidered on the top. I locked eyes with my mother who had looked as if the blood had been drained from her. I turned rage boiling inside me. "Where is HE?" I yelled again they merely looked at me. "Prince Tyler sacrificed himself for Lady Alexandria." One lycan explained, "The debt has been paid." I lunged at the mutt and slammed him into the marbel floor over and over. It broke and cracked more and more with each forceful slam. I ignored the burning pain my muscles were in from not having healed fully.

"That is not my brother! My brother wouldn't do something like this! He was selfish, over protecting, annoying, know it all, rational, and-and-, wouldn't abandon me. He WOULD NEVER ABANDON ME! DO YOU HEAR ME!" I screamed bashing the lycans body back and forth. Blood was dripping from his mouth, but it didn't stop me.

I heard them call my name over and over. I felt them try and pry the mongrel from my grips as I beat the life out of him. One touch, one voice reached through the rage and blur of the others. Her voice and touch was enough to stop my assault. "Trey." She whispered holding my shoulder. Her gentle hands gave my shoulder a squeeze. "That is not my brother." I repeated quietly letting the mongril slip from my hands. They rushed to him and immediately began to help heal the battered creature.

I walked away from them and headed straight for the coffin. Each step felt like an agonising mile. My world pieced, peeled, and fell off slowly as I approached the coffin. "That is not my brother. That couldn't be my brother." I kept mumbling as I walked. Everything faded away, and I stood there fingers wrapped around the bar, unsure of what to do. Unsure if I was ready for this.

I couldn't just live in a lie though, no matter how much comfort it would give. The truth was needed. I tried to open it, but couldn't my strength left my body. I swallowed hard and was trying to keep the chaos brewing inside me from overflowing. I sat there hand on the bar. I didn't realize I was shaking until I felt her steady hand on my own. I glanced at her hesitantly, she grabbed the lower half of the casket and waited. "I'm right here." She whispered I felt that unfamiliar pang of pain form in my eyes. I had no words, I just nodded and touched the coffin once more. Without a word we slowly began to help lift it open.

I seen his lifeless body there head unattached and all. An unearthly weight almost pushed me to my knees. I tugged Alexandria to me and forced my head onto her shoulder, my face in her hair.

Why was he so stupid? Why did he go and do something like this? Why did he just abandon me here on this godforsaken world? We could have thought of something anything. That horrible nagging in my stomach, the knots that I had been ignoring finally made sense, part of me knew something was wrong but, I never would have imagined this.

I couldn't move for what seemed like eternity. I felt Gale grab me, and tug me away. I barely heard the words of condolences spoken to me, or my mother. I was apart of some cruel game. I must have done something, I must have really pissed off someone. My life can't possibly be this terrible by mere coincidence alone.

I locked myself in my room, refused to feed, or to see anyone, especially Alexandria for that matter. Everything felt numb and alien. It felt like the biggest part of me, had been taken away. A piece to large to live without.

........

Alexandria Pov

I sat there holding my coffee mug. I watched as Victoria climbed the stairs holding a tray trying to get him to eat yet again. Gale stood there in the kitchen with his back to me. He hasn't spoken since the execution. He tried to smile at one point but failed and hasn't tried to since.