Chapter 3: Mutts and Lips

I heard a yell tear through the small motel. I pulled the gun from under my pillow and quickly shot up. I was in shorts and fitted tang top with a ballistic knife taped around my thigh. I held the gun steady in one hand, with the knife in my other and made my way carefully to the other room.

I walked in on some rogue hovering all over, whatever wolf boy name was I completely forgot. For a moment I wondered if he actually had killed my mutt, but I could still hear the low humm his heart beating. He wasn't dead but he wasn't far from it.

"Step away from him! Now!" I demanded, the intruder didn't even budge, maybe this wasn't a rogue, but a beta, or maybe even a alpha. He was certainly big enough to be one.

I turned the safety off and reaimed. "I'm not going to tell you again. Get off of him!" I restated firmer the man began to laugh, first lowly and then it became hysterical like.

"Kill him, kill him, kill him. Master said to kill him, and you, you, you. Kill everyone!" He repeated turning toward me. I jumped back in shock. His eyes were vacant, and dulled over. He was also horribly disfigured in the face and had been beaten, terribly from the looks of it. Judging from the deep and wide gashes of the marks, they had come from werewolf claws too.

This wasn't a beta, or alpha, just some lowly grunt that's been brainwashed. He took a heavy step toward me, I shot him in the chest but the man didn't even budge. The blood just oozed out of the wound, and eventually even the bullet fell out.

"Shit." I cursed, I started unloading bullet after bullet into him. I tried everything vital, from his heart, and lungs to the knees to at least slow him down. I wish werewolves didn't have such thick ass skulls. I desperately threw the knife at his skull out of whimsical hope it'd do something, hell anything. It nearly pricked his head and bounced off.

The intruding werewolf slapped me hard against my sides making me fly into the wall, and putting a life size hole in it.

The gun I had went flying to the other side of the room. Before I could make a break for the pistol the werewolf grabbed me by the neck and had his claws digging into my skin. "Kill lady, kill lady, kill lady." He repeated dimly

Not to today you're not. I gripped his wrist and bit hard pumping my poisonous blood into his system. He punched and attacked me trying to pry me away from his arm. He yelled in pain as he fought with me. He thrusted a powerful punch into my gut making me gasp from pain, and air that violently escaped me causing me to fall to the floor for brief moment.

He started to flail and complain about the pain. I took this as my window of opportunity and crawled to the other side of the floor. I grabbed the gun and right as he stormed up to attack me, I aimed and fired into his right eye.

He stood their for a few moments, and then loudly collapsed onto the ground. The barrel still had smoke leaking out of it. I stood up and examined the body. I had to make absolutely sure that bastard was dead, so just in case I shot him through his left eye too.

I limped to the bed frame and untied the wounded mutt. I grabbed him, and gathered up the rest our stuff, because there's no way someone didn't hear all that, let alone didn't call the police. So I simply just moved everything a few rooms over.

I then snatched the big dead blunder of what use to be a werewolf and dragged him to the woods. He was heavy as hell even for someone with my supernatural strength.

I chopped a lock of his fur off and bottled it. Then proceed to bury him. "Who ever sent this large bastard after me has bullets coming there way." I quietly promised holding my sides as the ribs he cracked began to snap back into place and heal themselves.

I made it back to the motel, seeing sirens, and people gathered around my old room. I knew it, we got to get out of here. I silently snuck in the room and slapped him hard making him jolt awake. He wrapped his hand around my throat and squeezed. "Please, unless you want to go back to sleep, I suggest you remove your hand and grab some stuff." I said swatting his hand away, and throwing a bag in his face.

We gathered our stuff and was miles away from that hole in the wall motel. "You mind telling me what the hell just happened back there!" He complained angrily, I could still see some of the bruises he was given.

I just ignored his comment and kept walking too deep in thought too really care for his question. "Hey, I asked you a question!" He repeated stepping in front of me, I glared at him. "Get the hell out of my way mutt, before I put you down." I said through tight lips, he simply folded his arms and took a stronger stance.

"Look-," My mind stopped, dammit "What the hell is your name again?" I asked irritated now,

"Why?" He questioned suspiciously, "Just tell me your damn name! It's not like I'm asking you to fucking steady!" I snapped throwing my arms up.

He growled something, so low even my heightened hearing couldn't catch it. "Answer my question first.' He bargained

I started cursing, "I don't know if you notice but we don't have time for this, someone just attempted to assassinate us. That thing was trained to take us out! Someone very strong, wants us dead, I don't know who, why, or how close they could be. We are far from being safe right now, we are in hot ass water!" I informed I was trying to whisper but ended up almost yelling.

"I know someone around here, who might be able to help us out." He offered grinning,

"To risky." I replied and kept walking, "Look we keep walking around at night like this, were basically asking to get hunt down. The best thing to do now, is rest up and give our bodies time to heel." He explained,

Did I have a choice? As much as I hate, and I do hate it very much, to admit this he was right. I was exhausted, and sore. I never tell him that though, I instead rolled my eyes and just mumbled whatever.

He just smiled and started walking again. "By the way names, Nathan." He stated over his shoulder. As he walked ahead of me, I took this time to sort of eye him better. The dark chocolate brown hair of his that needed a little trim, and the strong tree like arms plus legs he possessed made me shiver inwardly. The mutt was sexy, despite the wet dog smell he definitely was worth keeping around.

The more I covertly checked him out, the guiltier I felt. I mentally slapped myself, let him go. My mind, was fighting the same war its always been. My past was always trying to break its way into my future. This time though there was nothing to numb it with, no booze, punching bag, or thing to attack. So I turned to my last and final resort.

"Nathan!" I called, just as he turned around I jumped on him and through my lips roughly onto his own.

Just like that, my past and emotions started numb and fade away buried under the

always burning hormones of a vampire.

A/N: So what's everyone's thoughts on the sequel so far??