Chapter 2: Bitter Sweet

"Man I don't know nothing! Nikolas as been declared nedorite condamnat, ever since he broke out! The high council is out for him, That prince dude I hear is tracking him ruthlessly and killing everyone involved too. Nobody is foolish enough to come near that guy especially expandable rogues like me!" He explained cringing and sweating from the pain.

I pressed the barrel against his forehead and began to finger the trigger. "You better tell me something about the unwanted condemned Nikolas, and quick. I'm loosing my patience, and quite frankly its rude to keep a woman waiting." I implied I couldn't keep the grin from pulling across my face, he started to shake an growl even more whether out of pain or frustration I didn't really know of care.

"Man you can't do this, you can't just murder me in cold blood! THERE IS LAWS!" He cried out, I almost laugh. "Do you feel any laws protecting your skull from my barrel, do you think that the law is going to stop this bullet from leaving the chamber when I pull back on the trigger?!" I asked, he just shook and tried to move once again.

"There is no law here, and I am tired of waiting, tell me what I need to know." I said carefully as I rubbed the barrel gently across his sweaty temple. "I told you! I don't know nothing!" He yelled desperately,

"I know how you canines are. Your people are loyal, and regardless if the council declared him the unwanted condemned, or how many people are looking for him, someone would still help the sick bastard out. I also know, you all know something or someone who does. How you think I got here? So the way I see it is, that you got till the count of three...to sing to mama like a canary." I explained sweetly, staring him directly,

He swallowed but didn't say anything, his face became stone and emotionless. "I'd rather, die then to aid your kind." He stated boldly, how cute.

"1..." I counted pulling my finger back harder on the trigger. Still he said nothing. "3!" I snapped and pulled the trigger

"Wait!" He screamed out, luckily I left a space over such a drastic tactic. "The next time it will be for real. I killed a lot more people for hell of a lot less than information. Sing, now!" I snapped slapping him across his jaw. I wish you could just order them to be honest, it would be a hell of a lot easier. The mind can never be controlled, only the body. Don't ask me why, that's just how its always been apparently.

The guy finally choked out some information. Telling me how this guy bragged about going to join with Nikolas little rebellion or whatever. He didn't know the guy personally just some rumors here and there.

I sat on the bed processing it. Letting the silence grow. Suddenly the young man spoke again. "Just because, I was too much of a coward to keep my mouth closed doesn't mean the next pack will. We don't like your kind as it is, you can only climb the ladder of cowards so far." He explained starring at the ceiling.

The dog had a valid point. Mutts and blood suckers do not mix, some can tolerate and even date one another. However for the most part there was way to much bloodshed between the too for there to ever be enough good blood between the two.

"Well then, I guess I'm going to have to take you with me then huh dog boy?" I smirked before he could protest, I shot him again in his leg making him pass out from all the Cursed silver that was working threw his body.

Suddenly something the mutt said earlier dawned on me....he said that the prince had been looking for Nikolas as well. I had to find him first, Nikolas doesn't deserve justice or anything close.

The prince, the word just sat there lingering in my mind. I felt hate, anger, bitterness and so much more just by thinking of the word. I buried them though, I tucked everything away and grabbed the wolf boy, "How do all werewolves manage to smell like wet fucking dog all the time!" I complained sneaking out with him.

I'm getting closer to you Nikolas, you can only run for so long now.

I tied the man down to the bed with these cursed silver aligned chains I stole out of prison cell. He was locked away in the guest motel bedroom. I plumped down on the bed and sharpened my knives over and over.

My eyes wandered for a moment. To the pillow. The last time I had been in a motel room. I just tore my eyes away and stabbed the knife into the second pillow. No. The old me, that life, him...I don't want nothing to do with. That part of me, is gone forever. Only a bit more than a dream. All I have left now is this mission. My mission.