Chapter 6: There's no leaving the past

Alex POV

At the end of it all I was battered and bruised, but I had beaten them. Me, and me alone. My arms felt like they were going to fall off, and the splinters in my legs had pushed deeper. I didn't have time to moan and complain though, I need to save Nathan. There's no way he can handle that wolf, not alone anyway.

I followed his scent down the corridor, my vision blurred and for a moment I stumbled. I haven't fed in days, I desperately needed blood. Werewolf blood is too disgusting and indigestible at that.

I finally reached the room, and leaned my weight onto the door knob. I took a deep breath and barged into the room. Nathan was hunched over holding his side with his back to me. He grabbed the alpha's arm and tried to hold himself up.

The man just laughed and thrusted his knee into Nathan's side making him collapse helplessly to the cold floor. I instantly appeared next to him. "What did you do to him!" I yelled holding him.

"Don't worry, I don't think I killed him. Well not yet anyway." He joked I glared at him.

"Did I strike a nerve there, beautiful?" He asked I stuck my arm out and striked at him but he swiftly dodged it. "Maybe you should get out of the revenge business, and become something a little more safe. Like a nanny?" He suggested as he adjusted his clothes.

I laid Nathan down gently, and then stood up. "You think you won this fight? That just because you beat my friend here you can beat me? I just wiped out your entire clan, with my bare hands. I've done worst and dealt with worst. I am one of the greatest fighters that's every walked the streets of L.A and America in general! Where I stand, you sir have just royally fucked up." I snapped taking a fighting stance. Do I break his neck or stall and work my way up from his ankles?

He smirked and then ran toward me. Despite all the strength in the world a werewolf can have, it means nothing without speed! As he lunged for me trying to kick me I ducked and tripped him. Before he could move I grabbed his ankle and snapped it. The alpha then reached forward and gripping my forehead and tossing me away into the wall.

I broke threw the wall and landed in the room over. I jumped out and onto the alphas body pinning him to the ground. He swung his arms at me I snatched them in mid air. "You know what I had to learn the hard way in a street fight, that if you throw a punch wrong and if someone so happens to grab you right here!" I yelled fracturing three bones in wrist. "It could cause a shit load of pain."

I then landed multiple attack punches on him. Right before I could deliver the last blow needed to immobilise him he thrusted his palm in the dead center of my chest.

The power racked my nerves and cracks formed among my ribs and other bones. I rolled off of him holding onto my chest fighting the pain that torn its way through me.

Dammit, how could I be so stupid! I fell to my knees. I was shaking from the damage control my body was trying to do. He towered over me. My stomach turned in knots, and I felt nauseous. I was starving my body needed blood. I tried to stand up again but I fell back down.

My stomach upturned and I threw up what little blood I had in me. He laughed and kicked me over like a animal. My eyes began to burn from the hurt my pride felt. This man of all people to have the upper hand was unacceptable. I stared at Nathan lying there, he did followed me here, and trusted me even though he had no reason to.

"What happened to the bragging, its a bit quiet? Maybe you want to call your little prince to come rescue you?" He taunted

That's when rage filled me. I got to my feet. He just laughed, "Did I strike a nerve?!" He asked his voice coated with sarcasm.

"Alexandria R. Sydney, needs nobody!" I snapped charging him I jumped in the air putting me high above his head. His hands tried to grab me but I maneuvered around them and wrapped my thighs tightly around his throat. I jerked my hips the left and broke his neck. We fell to the ground.

I was weak, too weak to move. My body was on fire and bones felt like lead. Shit, how was I going to get out of this. My eyes grew heavy, I tried to make my way to Nathan. I had to make sure he's okay, that this man was not hurt.

"Nathan, be okay. Be okay." I whispered,

I collapsed beside him. My eyes became too heavy to keep open. They were beginning to flutter, that's when I seen flicks of golden hair. "Alex what have you gotten yourself into now?" The soothing voice asked,

"T-T-," I passed out before I could even mutter the words.