Chapter 4: A horrible day in the neighborhood

The smell of wet dog flooded my nose, and made me almost gag. I violently pushed him away from me. He just stood there confused. I just stormed off, but he snatched my arm. "You're going to explain what the hell just happened back there, now!" He demanded,

I just laughed, was he for real right now? "It was just a kiss, nothing more or less." I explained,

"No, no it wasn't." He replied I rolled my eyes, "I don't know what the hell is the matter with you, but do me a favor-keep it to yourself." He added

We didn't anything for the rest of the walk. Which was more than fine by me. We ended up at this little cottage quicker than anticipated. "Now, I do warn you she's a bit... eccentric." He said as he gently knocked on the door.

The door swung open and she flew into Nathan's arm. She then kissed him, "I told you, you'd come back!" She beamed, he looked at her nervously and then looked at me. Her head turned and she blinked a few times like she just noticed I was there.

"Uh, who is this?" She asked carefully, "His mistress." I rolled my eyes and pushed passed her

"She is just kidding," He explained following behind me. "Is that, is she-," Her voice trailed off, "Elena!" He called she jumped in front of me and smelled me. She snarled then grabbed my arms and rammed me into the wall. "You brought a vampire, to my house!" She snapped

I grabbed her arms and began grinding her bone. "Tell her to let me go before I break her bones in a way that will take months to heal." I said nonchalantly he put his hand gently on her shoulder. "Let her go." He said gently, she just threw her arms up and stormed away to another room.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill her?" I asked rolling my shoulders, "She's my friend and is nice enough to lend us her home." He reasoned I looked at him, "She's the best tracker too by the way."

"Now that I can use." I said pulling out the lock of fur I bottled.

She then came back in twirling and dancing. Like she hadn't just body slammed me against the wall. "I feel so ALIVE! Hey you want to watch a movie?" She sang, as she kept moving around the room.

"How do you two know each other?" I asked,

"We dated, had sex a few times and Nathan broke it off." She stated bluntly, still using her sing song voice. I gave Nathan this side glance, he put his hand to his neck and studied the ceiling closely.

"Enough small talk, do you know what werewolf clan this fur belongs to?" I asked holding out the bottle, she turned around then snatched the bottle from me. She looked it over and over, "The man is local, in fact the spores in his fur come from this forest. If I had to guess he was part of Lenin Clan." She observed,

"Who are the Lenin Clan?" I asked,

Nathan shook his head "Don't even think about it-," "There one of the most ruthless and vicious among the wolf clans. They kill off at least ten members each year alone."

"That just doesn't make any sense! Why would they go so far as to send that thing after us? It can't be them." Nathan replied,

"Nathan you know I'm never wrong about stuff like this." She said simply handing the bottle back to me. "Okay, so if he is apart of the Lenin Clan, what was he doing trying kill us?" He asked,

"Well the only way to know for sure is if we go and ask them?" I smirked,

.....

"This plan is a death sentence." Nathan complained as we crept, "If that's the case? Then why are you here?" I hissed in annoyance.

We good two hundred yards from the worn down Manor of Lenin Clan. "From this moment on, if we haven't already been found out, they'll be on to us." Nathan warned, "This clan specialises in hunting, and-," "Shut up before you get us killed." I mumbled as we came closer to the manor.

I could smell them from here, this wasn't a small clan by any means. I took my 45's pistols off of safety. I held the blade tightly to my hip. Six guards by the door, and even were more patrolling around the grounds. They looked rough and dirty but most were unarmed.

Damn, this was going to be a lot harder then I thought, but hell the twins put me threw worst. "Why are you smiling?" He whispered, my lips turned downward, and I just stared back at the house. "I'm not." I denied,

I ran straight to the gate, "Are you mad!" Nathan yelled he tried to grab me but I was way to quick. I shot down the roaming team with precision. "I want your leader!" I shouted shooting more mutts down.

One leaped at me from behind but Nathan quickly tackled him to the ground and bit a good portion of his neck. "How many more of your grunts need to die before you show yourself!"

"You wanted my attention? You got it." The man said from the second floor.

He jumped down and landed on Nathan's back and snatched me by the throat. I grinned, "Do you greet all the woman you meet like this?"

"Yeah. I guess you can say I'm a real lady killer." He smirked squeezing my throat harder he then broke my back and tossed me to the floor. My eyes went big, and my body racked with pain. It was like a eighteen Wheeler just drove into my ribs. I laid on the ground cringing and trying to focus trying not to slip off into the dark.

"Lock her and pretty boy here up and then call Nikolas and let him know we have his little pet-," He ordered,

That was all I heard before the ever growing shadows consumed me.