Chapter 12: New Direction

Alex POV

We all sat in the room we had rented from the inn. I had a maid on my lap neck bent over as I drank from her. This time with much more self control. Trey was starring skeptically at me. "You have a problem?" I confronted, he leaned back into his chair shaking his head. "I simply thought you would be much more disgusted at being a vampire, is all." He replied

"I admit, there's parts I dislike. However being a vasilisk does have its perks." I smirked biting back into her neck Victoria turned her nose up in disgust. She was wearing tang-top with dark blue jeans, and knee high tan hiking boots. Her hair pulled up in a ponytail. The simplest outfit on the planet and she still manage to make it like red carpet worthy attire.

I thought Trey and her were done with each other, so how did she end up here with him? How long have they been just roaming around together? I had to mentally slap myself. What was with me? I stared for a moment at Trey hoping he wasn't picking up on my thoughts, judging by his stupid grin on his face it was a safe bet. I angrily shoved the woman off of me. I snatched her by the hair and glared into her eyes. "Wear a scarf, tell nobody of what happened, and go back to work make sure we aren't disturbed." I snapped she nodded her head and scurried off. Trey was snickering, I just folded my arms and glared off into the distance.

"Look we all have been running around like our heads been cut off. We need a simple plan." Nathan pointed out. Nobody was paying him any attention though. Considering the fact that most people at the table hated someone.

Gale rolled his eyes and slammed his hands down on the table. "I wish you all would kiss already, I'm getting bored." We all turned and glared at him. He sighed heavily "I'm not exactly being paid for this little adventure so I'd like to get Nikolas and go back to what I was doing if you don't mind. Now Nikolas is only getting what he wants the longer we sit here, fighting one another, and do nothing." Gale stated

"Hell must be getting cold, if Gale is actually right about something." Trey grumbled, "It's not like we have a idea where he is, or what he's doing." Tyler replied his eyes never leaving his brother.

Victoria sucked on her teeth, "No surprise there seeing as Alex was leading the way." She said crossly, my hands itched to just hit her. I had some information but not the stuff you go sharing. Not now anyway.

"Most of the so called "clues" you've picked up are fake." Trey added, I stood up in defense. "Listen. We know Nikolas, and I'm surprised my brother here didn't pick up on it sooner, but Nikolas is not sloppy, not this sloppy anyway." He explained, Tyler clearly didn't appreciate the backslash but I could see that he knew his brother was right.

"Hey, look we have solid stuff. There has to be some sort of connection between all of these things we keep finding. No way its all just crap, I mean Nikolas may not be as precise as you think or maybe his followers are the ones making the mistakes." Nathan pointed out,

"Who the hell are you?" Trey questioned, "You don't know crap. Nikolas isn't the type to let idiots follow him, he wouldn't let his grand master painting be handled by some half minded thug."

"Watch how you talk to him!" I replied standing up, "Or what Alexandria?" He challenged, "I'll make you!" I threatened "Promise?" He asked

"Girls, your both pretty now can we please get back to the topic at hand?" Gale groaned pinching the bridge of his nose. We both turned toward him. Tyler sighed, "If the clues are all factious, where are we headed to now?"

"Maybe they aren't all bogus, Nikolas downfall is always his pride. He has to prove that he truly is the smartest man in the room." Trey pointed out,

"Alex, Victoria, and Tyler you go back to that wearhouse and see if you can find anything." Gale directed Trey stood up to object, but Gale shot him a serious look. "Trey, Nathan, and me will talk to the locals and see if they noticed anything."

"But wouldn't Trey, Alex, and Me make for a better search team, as opposed to them?" Nathan questioned,

"You seem like a firm believer in asking dumb question." Gale replied, "We look the most approachable, and actually have great people skills, as oppose to the princess of forest loner, trigger happy queen bee, and king of ruthless. All who have temper problems."

"I don't have a anger problem!" We snapped Gale smirked, his point had been proven.

"Also, trust me if anybody is going to find something they will." He added,

Trey still looked unhappy with the decision. Hell nobody was particularly happy. However Gale had a point. We were the best to find whatever the hell we were looking for, I just don't know if we'd last long enough to find it.

"Um, I want to go with Alex. If they want to have any hope on finding something, they'll need me." Tyler eyes flickered for a moment with some unreadable expression on his face.

"This is a big town, we need the people. They can find it trust me." Gale insisted Nathan grumbled and complained. "Maybe I can go with you two, there's little someone wouldn't do for a pretty face." Victoria grinned her eyes slid to me and back to Trey.

Ugh! What does she think she's doing! "You're coming with us whether you like it or not!" I snapped grabbing her and Tyler and dragging them off back to that horrid wearhouse.

Like I'd let that witch anywhere near Trey, not on her or 'his' life. We quickly packed up and went off to find whatever is we were looking for that could actually help.

Nathan Pov

I watched as she left with the others. This was not good, this was far from good. Alone she stood a small chance, but with the twins, the huntress, and thief. This is might actually pose some threat to Nikolas plans.

The moment we went our ways to find information from the townspeople, I picked up my phone and dialed,

"Sir, we have a serious problem...." I quickly informed him the line went silent and for a moment I believed he had hung up. "Sir?" I repeated, "Simple you must kill Trey." He answered finally

"Are you crazy? If I try something like that I will be surly caught! The other brother is already suspects me." I whispered into the phone hurriedly, "I wasn't implying you do it! Idiot, get them to go to Burcharest and I'll do the rest." It was all he said before the line went completely dead.

I stared at the phone for a long time before deleting the number. All this, just to be freed. I sighed and stared up to sky, how much blood does it take to be free from this nightmare.

A/N: So I'm sorry for the latish updates I'm trying to be frequent love you guys are still dedicated to the characters and their problems, you guys are awesome and appreciate the reads and every comment plus votes that you give keep it up you guys and gals rock :)... PS how was this chapter for everyone curious haha