Chapter 19: A thousand Years

Alex POV

I huddled together wrapping my arms around my legs on the uncomfortable plastic heep of a bed. Even with my heighten eyes, the cells were shrouded in darkness. I could hear the sounds of other inmates, their various pleas, snide remarks, heavy breathing, and all around angst. The place reaked of wet metal and earth, blood, rot, and minor sewerage.

I felt tears swell in my eyes. Was this really how I was going to die. Like some animal. Without anyone. Without Trey. How is it that after everything we've been through, all I did was loose him again? I clutched the blossom shaped necklace in my hands.

I haven't even seen my parents till today, or is it yesterday now? My body was like concrete; I had to fight too keep my eyes from shutting. So tired, exhausted, but I only had so many hours left. Sleeping would only waist time, time I couldn't afford to. Yet there was nothing to do, and why sit in torture? These walls aren't going to comfort my fears, so might as well rest and escape.

As I fell asleep I could feel my dreams shift from blank darkness into blurred greys then suddenly a rush of color. Without even having to see the scene build itself I felt the one person I wanted to see most.

"Alexandria." He called relief deep in his voice the vision instantly began to clear. I noticed we were back inside the beach house. Where it all started. Trey was standing in front of me quietly, looking at me. I could feel all the dark, painful emotions that turned inside him, but also all the joy, solace, and love. He brought me into his arms.

"I'm so glad you're here." I muttered, "I've been waiting here for you." He replied pushing a strand of hair back. He said it like he meant much longer than just today.

"I can't. Trey I cant. I can't take being without m-m-my mom, or my dad, without you. I don't want to leave like this!" I blurted out he just held me tighter. I gripped his shoulders and hugged into him. "I know. I know" He muttered

There was no easy side, it was hard on the both of us. Tears fell on his shoulders, tears that I've been holding back. That I've been fighting back since I was born. Always bottling, containing, and trying to be strong. So many things I waisted my time on so many stupid things. I was given a second chance and I still messed up. I sobbed hard onto Trey. I was shaking to the bone and crying so hard my throat hurt.

"I don't want to die! Why? Why me?" I asked he kissed my forehead and looked down at me. He wiped the tears from my face. "No, Alexandria. No more tears. We don't have time to feel sorrow." He explained gently I was struggling to breath. Trying to fight back the strong urge to break down again. "You and I, are destined to spend a lifetime together. One way or another."

I looked at him strongly. The world began to shift and before I knew it we landed on the day we first met. "I hated you at that point. I was so hell bent on making your life suck." He narrated, I was beating down those vampires club whores like rag dolls. I felt my lips twinge a bit.

The moment changed to when we destroyed the house over the whole batman fiasco. I actually laughed at that. We looked so wild, and goofy. So happy, it was almost alien. "Batman still sucks." "Don't make me kill you." I snapped he just gave me this side smile and continued, It melted away with a new image replacing it. It was the garden party. Tyler just took my hand and we started dancing. A song slowly began to play.

"I regret letting him take your hand. I wish I could've danced with you first." He added, I looked at him. "Why didn't you." He sighed and put his hand to my chin. I wrapped my hand around his and welcomed his touch. Suddenly all the guest vanish even Tyler. All that remained was Trey and me. Dressed the same as that very night.

"I can give several reasons why, but it would make no difference so instead let's do something that will. Alex would you give me the honor of dancing with me?" He asked bowing I laughed at him. "Now you're perfect gentleman?" "What can I say? I had a amazing nanny." He smirked I rolled my eyes and reached for his hand but he put hand up and stopped me.