Chapter 7: The enemy of my enemy

......

I was back in this dream world. This time it was different. The scenery was outdoors and so much life surrounded it. The grass was a bright green and lively. Trees blossomed with thousands, maybe even millions, of small sakura flowers that hung from its branches.

The wind blew, and sun beamed, it all felt so real. "Why don't you ever face me. Are you even real?" He asked,

I just looked at the sunny sky, refusing to budge. This wasn't real, none of this is real. My mind is just torturing me. Playing some sort of sick joke.

"Alexandria, please." His voice pleaded, I shook my head. "No. No. This is not real! You are not real! Leave me alone!" I yelled still not facing him, "Alexandria-," He called his voice became distant. He faded away along with the dream.

I awoke in the bed of sweat. I shifted more, causing a few weak cries from the bed. It was old and warn. Why was I in a bed in the first place? What happened last night? I started to rack my body for the last memory. I couldn't remember anything though.

I could smell something sweet and made the hunger in me almost painful. I grabbed at it and latched my mouth to it. The strength was beginning to return to my body, and I could feel my wounds lessening.

I knew I needed to stop, but I couldn't. The taste was so overwhelming. The faint cry sounded so far away and was the last thing on my mind. I just kept drinking,

"Please stop!" The voices begged, I had enough, but I yearned to keep going. I had to have it all! The body was growing heavy, my grip was becoming stronger as I had to hold her up. I could hear the beat in her heart slow, dropping more an more by the pint.

"Alex! Stop!" I opened my eyes and released the nurse, letting her fall to the ground. I looked at her, then to Nathan whose eyes were wide from disbelief. The lady was white as the sheets on the bed. If not for heart still beating I'd think she was dead.

I could feel her blood on my face. Shame grew on my face. It wasn't because I almost killed the nurse, or the fact that i looked like some cheap horror movie monster either, but from the way Nathan looked at me. The look made me feel ugly, and something else I couldn't explain.

I tried to clean myself off but it was only making things worst. That's when this towel fell on my lap. "Clean yourself before a doctor sees you." Nathan said leaving with the nurse in his arms.

I cleaned myself up and changed into some jeans and shirt that Nathan left on the bedside table.

The door creaked and I could smell Nathan standing there in quiet. "Are you okay?" I asked I still couldn't stand to look at him just yet. So I focused on some poster that highlighted the anatomy of a woman. I wondered if this was like soft porn for doctors or something.

"Well are you okay?" I asked again assuming he didn't hear me the first time. He just laughed lightly,

"If, I didn't know any better I think you might be growing fond of me." He teased I turned and stuck my tongue out at him. "Don't count on it mutt boy." I snapped

He just grinned and leaned against the door frame. "Sure looked like you cared," He implied, I threw a pillow at him.

"Well it's a good thing we are in a hospital so you can get those eyes check." I stated he rolled his eyes and just kept on with that small grin.

"So any clue on how I got here?" I asked, His smile fell to a frown. "You don't remember your friend came and helped us out." He said

My friend? Just then a scream let out of the hallway. Nathan and I ran to go check it out. There on the floor laid a dead body of attractive doctor. I followed the legs that hovered over her. My breath caught in my chest as I laid eyes on him.

"So the rumours are true..." He said in awe,

"What are you doing here?!" I asked reaching for a scalpel on a nearby table.

"I don't know? How about you come find out." He taunted, his grin was lopsided as ever and I could see the light blood still left on his lips.

My grip tightened on the scalpel as I readied myself for whatever he planned to do. I was about to fling myself at him when Nathan walked up to him. Blocking me from Tyler! Was he trying to get himself killed?! Or was he really that dim!

"Thanks for helping us out back there." He said picking the girl up casually and laying her on a medical bed.

"She just won some Other Direction tickets. Sorry. You know how these young teens are about their boy bands." He joked to reassure everyone. The crowd just laughed, saying how their teenage daughters or whatever would do the same and went back to whatever they were doing.

Nathan just carted the woman away, like nothing happened. Leaving me and Tyler alone in a empty hallway.

"Where were we again?" He asked smirking,

"I was about to cut you into pieces." I sneered,

"Still a little mad over the whole little brother incident?" He added, I laughed

"Please, I'm pissed about something much bigger than that!" I snapped lunging at him but the time I made it to him he had already made it across the hallway.

"As strong as you maybe, I'm your senior. The older the bloodsucker the stronger we are." Tyler informed I threw the scalpel and then threw my leg out where I knew he'd move to dodge the object.

My leg connected with his chest, but the force nearly cracked my bone. It was like I had kicked a completely golden wall with all my force. I bit my lip to prevent myself from yelping. Tyler snatched me by my neck and threw me through the wall of the hospital hallway and pinned me to the ground.

His grip was below the force needed to break my neck. "Now, I don't mind killing you. Trust me it is on my list of things to do!" He squeezed my neck even tighter,

"Vampires don't exactly need to breath! So your threat is weightless!" I snapped I tried to fight back but he just slammed me even harder onto the ground. The floor boards broke and cringed from the force. "Who said anything about breathing darling? Now look, I didn't come all the way out here, do all this searching for you just to kill you. Not yet anyway."

"Then what do you want from me, Tyler." I hissed at him.

"I want what you want, Nikolas. You killed the closest link I had to finding him so now I need you, if I want to kill him." He informed finally letting me go

"First of all what the hell makes you think I'd help you with anything after what you did to me, you can go to hell for all I care!" I snapped walking away

He appeared in front of me. "I wasn't asking you." He added his eyes grew dark and I could see the depth of his threat.

"And I was telling you, go to hell. When I get done ripping apart that bastard, I'm coming for you myself." I replied he growled and grabbed me by the hair and pulled me to him. "That was almost ambrosial of you." He laughed,

"Hey what is this! I leave you two alone for a few moments and you've practically destroyed this hallway!" Nathan complained as he walked to us. Tyler let go and pushed me away from him. I snapped my head around and glared at him.

"Whether you like it or not, you need me. You are not nowhere near strong enough to go toe to toe with Nikolas. Not alone. We want the same thing and the only way we'll get anywhere is with each other's help." He stated,

My muscles were still tensed and ready to brawl with Tyler, but as angry as I was at him and as much as I hated him. He might actually have a damn point. Nikolas isn't just going to bow down to me, and Nathan wasn't exactly a great fighter. I glanced at him, then back to Nathan.

"Alex, this guy just tried to kill you, do you really want to bring him along with us? No offense to you Tyler." Nathan noted,

"I don't have much of a choice but to trust him." I replied angrily, Tyler grinned and Nathan looked displeased and maybe even a little angry himself.

"I know you, Alex and if I'm right you already have the next step in mind." Tyler added walking cockily to me.

"We have to go back to the house, that's where the next step is." I replied

I may not like Tyler, but I figured the enemy of my enemy is my greatest of friend.