Chapter 13: Butting heads

Alex POV

we poked, peeked, and searched all over for anything. Victoria never skipped an opportunity to bump, attack, or make a cruel remark toward me. I just brushed it off. Tyler would randomly stop and just be looking at me.

The tension was evident, it was damn near alive and walking around with us. I looked around for things that weren't obvious, something deeper but I was stumped. Everything seemed to point at one wild direction after the other. I sat down to think but got bumped off onto the ground by Victoria.

I glared up at her, she just threw me an over the shoulder smirk. I ran to her. "What's your fucking problem? Its not like I'm with Trey so what is with the constant sour attitude." I confronted,

"Are you serious right now? You really can't understand why I'm pissed at you?" She asked her fist bawled tightly, "No!" I replied honestly tensing up in anticipation.

"I had to watch him almost drink himself to death, beat himself up, go crazy-," "I KNOW ALREADY!" I interrupted "No you don't know! You have no idea what a broken man looks like! You left him there wallowing in misery, in pity. Then have the audacity to act like the victim!" She snapped shoving me hard into stack of boxes.

That's it. I Launched a few boxes at her head that she dodged. I then tackled her to the floor and slid with her. I socked her face and the black eye instantly would disappear only to reappear seconds later. She grabbed my fist and flung me backwards into another banister. I took the broken wooden pieces and attempted to stab her with it.

"What kind of woman would do that to a man! You are scum and don't deserve to breathe!" She yelled as she kicked me away from her and into the wooden ceiling causing boards to break. I flung myself back at her ready to tare her head off and she the same.

Tyler grabbed us both by our hair and held us apart. "We have a job to do. Quit your petty cat fight and get back to it. If I have to intervene again, I'll break something important." He threatened throwing us our separate ways. We gave each other dark looks, and I could tell this was far from over.

"Why do you even care?" I replied dusting myself off

"For the first time since I met Trey, he actually needed help. Help that I couldn't give him. And the only person who could, was gone. You broke him, and left him there with all these pieces. You have no idea exactly what you did to him, and what's worst you don't care. I'd kill you myself just for being a selfish, heartless, bitch that you are." She rebutted coldly,

"It must really suck to care so deeply for him, and after everything I've done you still can't seem to get him." I stated smiling sarcastically, "Are you sure about that?" Victoria smirked,

My stomach sank into my knees but I just brushed it off and went back to trying to something. My mind kept wondering back to her comment. Anyone can see she is attractive, hell I don't even like the wench and I know she is good looking. Would Trey really pass up a girl like that? I mean what man would? "Also, Tyler. Put your hands on me again, and I'll make you regret it." She sneered he just gave her a small smile.

"Still a little upset or having a bit of fun?" Tyler replied she just ignored him and walked off. I pushed my head against the wall. The refreshingly cold glass of the picture felt good on my skin. "How about you keep searching?" Victoria snapped I turned my head to her and was ready to beat that smart mouth right off of her. "Wait a sec, move." She said,

"Why?" I complained, she smacked her lips and simply shoved me out of the way and grabbed the picture I was leaning on.

"Tyler, come look at this." She called, we both gathered to check out what the fuss was. It was just a picture of some city. "And we should be jumping up and down because?" I asked,

"This has to be the clue , I mean think about it. This is the only thing that isn't covered in dust, dirt, and cobwebs. Its new, this place is abandon, so who could have brought it here." She explained grabbing it. "Let's go round up the others and plan our next move." She added walking off. Tyler just idly followed, but I was skeptical. Some vague, cliché picture of a city was supposed to be a clue? That was still a bit to obvious. There was definitely something being missed.

As I was about to walk out the door, I noticed something. A sign, a very peculiar one too. Oh, Nikolas you think you are so clever, but your are nothing but a dead man with a few steps left in him.

Nikolas POV

After a long meeting, we all began to go our separate ways. They had their mission, and I still had mine. We are but a couple of chess moves from check, and that much closer to checkmate.

"Sir, aren't you a bit worried?" My servant asked after the meeting. He began tapping away at the PDA, making further arrangements.

"Worried about this plan not working?" I laughed "I've already half way one this war, and they are still unaware it is even happening. I'm far from worried. The strike will go as plan, and this time when the ashes clear, we shall be the ones in. charge." I reassured, "When Alexandria, and her people touch down in Burcharest, I want them all killed." I stated, "Sir what about Nathan?" I glared at him and grabbed him by the throat. "I said them 'all'." I restated throwing him to the wall and walking away.

This game has gone on long enough, and I have much bigger things to attend to.

A/N: I will update within this week again, to make up for all the long periods of not updating, so expect a love scene, a little blood, and whole lot more drama.... PS love you guys for sticking through the story, and don't forget to comment and vote :)