Story 8 Part 1: Mann Co. (Mann)datory Vacation

Saxton Hale punched through the base door.

"What the hell-" Spy stepped back and saw his boss. The mercenaries all turned their heads in that direction.

"Men! It is that time of year where you all take a break!"

"A break? Since when have we ever taken a break in the middle of the year?" Scout asked.

"This is no time for questions, kid. It's...Manndatory!" He smiled at his joke.

"Vhy is zhis-"

"Anyway, so let's talk about where you all are going!" Saxton Hale looked around the room.

"So you're saying we all have to go somewhere together?... To hell with that!" Scout scoffed and continued playing cards. Saxton Hale gripped his shoulders turned him around.

"Ow!"

"Alright babies! Start thinking of places! I'm outta here. I'm going to Hawaii!"

With that, Saxton Hale grabbed a briefcase, threw on a flower t-shirt and left the men to think.

---

"Has everyone put a card into this bucket?" Spy sighed and asked.

"What's with you and putting cards into buckets?" Scout asked while snickering. Spy ignored him and began drawing cards.

"The White House..."

"That one's mine!" Soldier smiled. Spy stared for a while, then set the card down on the table. He pulled out another card.

"Oh merde," Spy sighed, "D-...Disneyland."

Pyro clapped his hands together. The men did not look impressed with their choices so far.

"Hell no. I ain't goin' to that freak show," Scout commented. Pyro slouched.

"Agreed," Sniper said.

Spy pulled another card.

"Up my ass."

Scout started laughing. Spy just rolled his eyes. It's not the first time Scout's done something like this.

"Yes yes thank you, Scout. How idiotic." He cleared his throat and took another card.

"... This one is blank?"

Sniper raised his hand.

"Yeah, cause I don't care about this stupid vacation and wot not."

Spy tossed the card, and grabbed another. He squinted his eyes.

"I can't read this one..."

"It is Doktor's handwriting?" Heavy looked at Medic.

"Oh, ja! Let me see zhis," Medic took the card. "Ah! I wrote..." He adjusted his glasses and looked closer. "Um... Ach forget it."

"Doctor handwriting," Scout mumbled to himself.

Spy had already picked out another card.

"Geneva, Switzerland. Oh this one's mine."

"Boring!" Scout hollered. Spy shot him a glare and continued reading cards.

"Russia... Hm I wonder whose this was," Spy glanced at Heavy. Heavy shrugged. He wanted to go to his home, in complete honesty, but no one seemed interested. Spy looked into the bucket. Two more cards.

"The biggest pub in the world."

Demoman smirked.