Story 2 Part 1: Balloonicorn

It was the weekend, which meant it was ceasefire. All nine mercenaries used this time to rest up, recharge, rebuild, or do whatever they wanted.

During this time, Red Pyro was happily humming a tune, and organizing his room. Demoman walked by his open room door carrying a crate full of beer.

"What ah ye doin?" He peeked his head into the Pyro's room. After Pyro gave him a muffled reply, the demolitionist shrugged and continued on his way to the others.

"Took ya long enough, Cyclops," Scout teased. Just then, a rather large beer bottle was chucked right at his face. Soldier pointed and laughed.

"Alright y'all, let's relax," Engineer said.

"What the hell, man?" Scout gripped the bottle tightly, "Well this is mine now!"

The men each grabbed a bottle and started drinking. After a few gulps, Medic set his down and turned around.

He nearly choked.

Pyro was standing right there, and tilted his head at Medic.

"Oh... It'z just you. Vhat is it?"

At first, Pyro gave no reply. He studied everyone. The eight men exchange confused glances.

All of a sudden, Pyro grabbed Medic's coat angrily, and slammed him against the wall.

"Doktor?!" Heavy stood up.

"Woah man!" Scout alarmingly reached his arms towards the two.

"Mnmph mm mph!" The pyro got close to Medic's face. Strangely enough, Medic was calm during all of this.

"I vhat?" He asked. Pyro slowly let him down. "I have no idea vhat you mean."

"Waittaminute, you can understand him?" Scout raised an eyebrow.

"Only a bit."

"Whot does he want?" Sniper scratched his head.

Medic adjusted his glasses and sighed.

"He vants his... Balloonicorn?"

Pyro nodded and gave everyone intimidating glares. Everyone must've figured by now that it has gone missing.

"What the hell is a Balloonicorn?"

...well everyone except Soldier figured it out. Before Pyro could do anything horrible to the soldier, Engineer quickly suggested something.

"How about we all go lookin' for it? It's gotta be 'round here somewhere."

All of them quickly nodded in agreement. Pyro was convinced.

---

Spy's smoking room door swooshed open.

"Yo wassup? Hey so ya missed quite a bit this mornin!-"

"I'm going to give you five seconds before I cut your throat," Spy cut him off.

"Heh yeah I get that. But funny thing is, um, the masked man needs our help with findin' this stoopid unicorn thing."

Spy looked up from his magazine.

"What?"

"I know right? But uh, yeah he'll probably kill ya if you don't help." With that, Scout slipped away. Spy rubbed his temple. He shuddered a bit at the thought of Pyro's wild flames. He did have a thing against pyros after all.

"This is insane."

He closed his magazine, and slammed it on the table. The mercenary straightened his tie and calmly walked out of the blissful room.

---

"Will dis work, Doktor?" Heavy asked Medic, while being attached to a couple of wires. The doctor grinned.

"Maybe!...Now, I vill ask you a few questions, and you must answer honestly."

"Ok."

"Good. So, vhere vere you zhis morning?"

Heavy thought for a moment.

"I was polishing Sasha. Dere was smudge on her."

Medic studied a few machines carefully, and down a bunch of scribbles.

"Perfect. Okay. You may leave now," Medic said to Heavy, and left him connected to the machines still.

---

"Not ova there. Not ova here. This is pointless," Scout complained.

"You're just not looking HARD ENOUGH!" Soldier yelled, and ripped out a piece of floorboard.

"I'm not fixin' that," Engineer mumbled. Scout leaned against the wall.

"Alright let's just get this straight. Which one of you guys stole the damn thing?" He questioned everyone in the room.

"I've done nothing wrong," Soldier stated.

"As if ah'd waste me time tryin' to get a'hol of that stewpid balloon," Demoman added.

"And you haven't done anything, Scout?" Spy raised an eyebrow.

"Wha- what?! C'mon Spy, I would never try and mess with that weirdo!"

The men suddenly became quiet. They slightly shifted.

"Mhmphm?" Pyro crossed his arms. Scout froze.