Story 5 Part 4: The Virus

The day was such a drag. The nine mercenaries moped around their base, waiting for Miss Pauling to come back with the medicine.

Then all of a sudden, they could hear the door open. The men turned their heads towards the sound.

"I'm back!" They heard. Scout jumped on his feet and rushed to Miss Pauling.

"Woah... Miss Pauling... You look... tired?" Scout tilted his head. A few men joined Scout.

"Huh? Oh no I'm fine. Anyways, here you all go! The cure!" Miss Pauling handed out nine bottles of the medicine.

"Danke, Miss Pauling," Medic politely bowed as he took the medicine in his hand.

"Yuck! This tastes awful!" Scout cringed.

"Medicine doesn't always taste good, Scout. However, it should heal you very quickly," Miss Pauling explained. The other men complained a bit, but they drank the medicine anyway.

"Mmph mm!" Pyro gave a thumbs up. At least he was starting to act better.

"Well would you look at that! I stopped sneezin!" Engineer smiled.

Miss Pauling looked around the room to see all their symptoms slowly going away. She sighed, and plopped down on a seat. After watching everyone for the past two days, she really needed a break.

"You alright?" Spy glanced at her.

"Oh yes. I'll be fine," She reassured him. Spy wasn't convinced, but he shrugged and walked away.

"Aw man I dunno how to thank you Miss Pauling!" Scout lightly blushed and took up her hand to shake it.

"Oh it's no problem Scou- Ah ah... ACHOO!" She sneezed.

Immediately, Scout jumped back.

"Uh oh."