Story 4 Part 3: Medic!

"Vhy isn't zhis vorking?..." The frustrated Medic clenched his fists. He was able to make some pretty incredible medical equipment, but he was no engineer. Angrily, the doctor swiped everything off his desk. Just outside he could hear the battle going on.

"I really should be out zhere..."

---

An injured Sniper grabbed Heavy by the shoulder.

"Where is the doctor?? You said he'd be 'ere 'anytime soon' mate. I've just about lost my patience."

Heavy smacked away Sniper's hand and didn't say a word. Everyone was rather frustrated that Medic was gone and Heavy obviously knew something about where or what he is doing. However, even Heavy was worrying. Usually if Medic's ideas don't work, he'll just give up and ask Demoman to blow it up. Heavy assumed that this whole thing actually bothered his friend, in order to cause him to be gone so long.

All of Heavy's thinking was interrupted by a Blu Soldier and Medic. Heavy huffed, and charged towards them. The weapons guy was starting to miss hearing Medic's medigun, or Medic's reassuring: "I vill be vight behind you!"

For now, Heavy and everyone else had to face the opposing team without relying on instant health care.

---

After the Red team lost the round, the mercenaries were angry, but were too tired to be. Soldier slammed on Medic's door and yelled a bunch. Scout, Demoman, Sniper, and Spy crowded around Heavy and asked him a bunch of questions. Engineer and Pyro just sat in exhausted silence.

"So what's the deal man? You know somethin' don't ya?" Scout questioned the heavy.

"I know what Doktor is trying to do," Heavy sighed in reply.

"Well?" Demoman asked.

Before Heavy said anything, Medic's door unlocked. Soldier stepped back from the door. Everyone turned their heads towards it.

"Open it!" Scout jumped for it, but immediately stopped when Medic opened his door.

"Good to see ya?" Engi hesitantly said.

Medic held his arms calmly behind his back. His hair was a mess, and he looked tired.

"Doktor?"

"Hello everyone... I apologize-"

Almost immediately, Sniper gripped his white coat angrily.

"You better have a good explanation," he grumbled. The tired Medic pulled away from Sniper's grasp.

"Don't vorry I have a perfectly good explanation... Although... I do regret it a bit now, seeing all of you here," he said to Sniper. "I'm sorry. I did not intend to be absent for so long-"

"So why'd ya do it?" Scout asked, confused. "We were dyin' out there!"

"Vell if you'll let me speak, I'll explain."

Scout sat back.

"Danke. Now, you're all vondering vhat I vas doing during that whole time. I vas simply in my lab vorking on... something.... In all my years, I've created the unthinkable! I've made many many things. I don't have time to name everything I've made, but it's been a lot. However, for some reason... I was thinking zhat I needed to be more useful. More appreciated. I felt like I vasn't enough. So, I tried to create a gun that vould be beyond powerful, but... Zhat didn't vork out. So now, I've wasted my time creating nothing. I apologize." With that note, Medic turned to leave, but Heavy reached for his arm.

"Doktor, you don't need powerful gun to be powerful. You help just fine. You are best Medic out there," Heavy said to him. A few men nodded in agreement.

"I don't know why you would think you aren't enough, Doctor. You're an asset to zhe team," Spy commented.

"Aye that's true, lad!" Demoman raised a beer bottle. "Your the best around!"

"What do ya say we stop all this nonsense and get things back the way they were," Engineer said. All the mercenaries agreed.

A small smile spread across Medic's face. He was relieved that his friends were forgiving and that they could go on. He was especially thankful for Heavy keeping him on his feet.

---

There was a new match today and All the mercenaries were getting ready. Medic began healing Heavy.

"I vill be vight behind you!"