Story 5 Part 2: The Virus

"Thanks Miss Pauling for this pizza!!" Soldier chomped away.

"It's no problem, Soldier. Everyone else enjoying it?" Miss Pauling asked the men. They all nodded.

"Good. I should really get going soon-"

"Wait you're gonna leave us again?" Scout looked up from his plate.

"Well I can't stay here all night, Scout. I've got errands to run," She looked at her watch.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we can hold our own for zhe night, Miss Pauling," Spy said to her. Just then, everyone heard a groaning sound coming from one of the rooms.

"Is that Pyro?" Scout stood up. Miss Pauling looked through the Pyro's room door.

There he was, lying down.

"Pyro? Are you alright?" Miss Pauling approached him. Pyro rolled over and held her hand. "You should eat something, Pyro," Miss Pauling suggested. There was no response.

"Y'know... I can never tell when he's sleeping," Scout shrugged. Miss Pauling sighed. Her phone suddenly started ringing a moment later.

"Oh... Hold that thought."

Scout made his way back to the table as Miss Pauling was taking her call.

"This whole thing blows," Scout sniffed. His nose was a light red. He plopped himself down and continued eating. Spy handed him a tissue.

"I hate being sick," Heavy added.

"Ve all do, Misha. Ve just can't do anything for ourselves at zhe moment," Medic sighed.

Miss Pauling entered the room.

"Guys! I have good news and bad news. The good news is, the Administrator has a cure for your virus! The bad news is, that it won't be ready until tomorrow night..."

All the men groaned, but were happy that there was a cure on its way.

"So... Orders from the authorities... I'm supposed to be supervising all of you this weekend," the assistant explained.

"WOOHOO!" Scout jumped up, but immediately regretted it. He put his head on the table. "That hurt a lot..."

"Really? You sure you want to do that?" Spy asked Miss Pauling.

"I have no choice, Spy. If I did, I would definitely be somewhere else by now."

"Harsh," Sniper muttered. He began to pet Sydney, his cat.

"Aw shoot. That's real nice of you to spend your time here, Miss Pauling," Engineer smiled. He didn't smile for long, because he started a sneezing fit. She shrugged.

"Well... I guess since I'm in charge of you all, I'm sending you straight to bed. Pyro seems to be doing okay with sleeping. Plus, you all look terrible."

"What?? Bed?? What are we, kids?" Scout complained.

"Technically you are, Scout," Medic chuckled. A few men joined in on the laughter.

"I'm not a kid I'm a grown man! A-Anyways, Miss Pauling you can't do that to us!"

"Well I can, Scout so-"

"I recommend listening to her, guys," Engineer stated.

"Thank you, Engineer. Now everyone! Go to bed!" She clapped her hands, and the mercenaries sluggishly made their way to their rooms. "We have a full day of recovery tomorrow!"