sixteen

the yeah yeah yeah's - head's will roll (a-track remix)

" dance till you're dead "

TRIGGER WARNING This chapter contains scenes of sexual harassment

TRIGGER WARNING
This chapter contains scenes of sexual harassment

Everyone had been buzzing for the upcoming warehouse rave for weeks. Tickets were extortionately priced at $75, but I'd managed to club together enough money doing after-school shifts at the surgery and a couple of babysitting jobs. It was imperative that I did, because that was where we'd carry out our plan; we were going to attempt to catch the kanima's master.

I'd made it my mission to find someone there that could take my mind off of Derek. I was still in denial that I could ever be attracted to him, but that didn't mean I wasn't still desperate to get him out of my head. I decided I had to go out of my comfort zone, so I wore a tight black miniskirt and a stripy crop top. However, it was still the beginning of spring and there was a chill in the air, so I wore my favourite leather jacket to keep it out. The outfit was complete with a pair of slightly outrageous hoop earring and heels. I did slip a pair of Converse into my purse though, just in case I couldn't walk by the end of the night. Comfort was still somewhat of a priority.

Just as I left the apartment, I realised that I'd almost forgotten my present from Deaton. I decided it would be completely necessary, seeing as we would be dealing with the supernatural and someone could have been hurt. I slid it into my bag and smiled, feeling a million times less powerless than I had when I first arrived in Beacon Hills. I'd finally begun to take control of my life and helping my friends was part of that.

The walk was fairly short as Deaton lived towards the outskirts of town anyway. The cold air of the night nipped at my legs, causing goosebumps to rise. I regretted shaving my legs, craving the slight bit of warmth the hair would have offered.
The things people do to look good, I thought in a huff.

As I got further and further from civilisation, I began to regret not taking up Stiles' offer of a ride there. The streets were dark and barely illuminated by the artificial orange glow of street lamps. Fear gripped me as I realised that anything over two metres away was shrouded in shadows, where anything could be lurking.

A car full of men drove past, slowing down as they neared me. The driver honked the horn as another leaned out of the window and wolf-whistled at me.
"Hey, babygirl! What are you doing out this late?" The one in the passenger seat hollered. I tried to ignore them and keep walking, but I could see the hungry look in his eye with my peripheral vision. As they drove off into the night, I thought they were gone. I was filled with nervousness when I realised that they were doing a U-turn and coming back around.
"It's not safe for you to walk around alone. Why don't you get in the car and we'll take you where you need to go?" Another asked. They were driving alongside me now. I could tell that their friendliness was false and they had other intentions, so I sped up and closed my jacket tighter around me. I felt like a piece of meat on show at a butcher's.
"Maybe if we get there early we can find a way to kill the time!" They all laughed raucously.
"No, thank you," I said stiffly.
"Come on, girl! You're killing us! You can't show off legs and an ass like that and expect us not to want a piece! Just give us a chance, you won't regret it!"
"Trust us, we know how to show you a good time!" They wouldn't stop, and I felt tears began to brim in my eyes. I was scared for life.