Chapter 27: Surprise

I walked out on the stage to Drop It Like It's Hot smiling and waving. I tried to crip walk after Ellen tried to as well. We both shared a look that basically said we both suck at it and laughed. I hugged her and sat down smiling widely at her and the crowd. They kept cheering even after the music stopped and we had sat down. I laughed and waved at them again before I moved my arms up and down insinuating they sit down. It took a second but they eventually stopped and I turned to Ellen.

"I didn't get an applause like that and it's my show. You must be special."

She said making us all laugh. And the audience cheer for Ellen again once they stopped laughing. She waved them off making them sit back down.

"So, last time you were here you had just gotten off tour with Fifth Harmony and now you are headlining your own tour. How's that been?"

"Um, great actually. There's a little bit of a transition adjustment from getting told what to do, to calling the shots for things. But it's amazing."

"That's great. And I've heard that your second album is in the making."

She just stopped speaking, not really asking a question. I smiled and answered anyways.

"Yes. That is true. It's being made, slowly but surely."

"And the songs? Are they going to be like your first album?"

I shook my head.

"I don't think so. These last few months have been more.... loving than, how can I put this? Savagery?"

Ellen scoffed and shook her head making the crowd laugh too.

"I don't know. But the point is the songs I've written lately have been more lovey dovey than my normal writing. So, I think this album will be more like that. And I might go back to the first album type of music for my third and keep that type of back and forth cycle so my fans can always get both sides of me."

She nodded then adjusts so that she was facing me more.

"Speaking of, do you know you're the second person who has lied to me on this show? And you used the same lie? Like you called her and planned it out or something."

I looked at her shocked.

"What?"

I squeak out. She turned to her producers and nodded slightly. I looked at my private screen the was on the camera that was on me. The video started and it was of Selena Gomez from years ago when she said Justin was like her brother. It stopped on her scrunched up face making me look back at Ellen.

She raised her eyebrows at me then stuck her hand up when I tried to speak. I turned back to my little screen to see myself talking about Dinah being family. When it ended I scratched the back of my neck and laughed breathlessly.

"Ellen..."

"No, no. We're going to let the evidence speak for itself. But before we show it, have you seen the video of your get together with Dinah onstage?"

I shake my head before answering.

"No, but I heard someone say that there was a really cute part or something? I don't know, I've been busy."

She nodded as the video played just from when I hugged her and I told her "I love you" in her ear even though the people couldn't hear it. Then she pulled back and kissed me making me smile at the memory. When she hugged me again, I turned to the audience and smiled. Then I heard Dinah say "I love you Y/N." really cutely through her tears. Apparently my mic was close enough to catch it. I made a shocked face, turning back to the screen behind me. The video stopped and I smiled making an aww face at Ellen.