Long Awaited Return

AQUALADS POV

I begin to stir as I hear a faint beeping sound coming from my right side. I squint my eyes to protect them from the harsh light that sits above me. I finally awaken fully when I feel my hand squeezed familiarly. I look to my left to see Roy sitting beside my bed. 

"How you feeling buddy?" Roy says with a somewhat sarcastic smile. 

His contagious smile gets to me and I beam, "I'm feeling alright pal." However my smile fades when I remember what happened and notice I'm in the infirmary. "Speedy, what happened?"

"You stopped the tsunami, but you ended up fainting. We brought you back to the infirmary while the others caught up with Brother Blood and threw him behind bars." Roy replied.

I sighed with relief knowing that I had been able stop the tsunami and that Brother Blood was no longer a concern. My smile returns and I scooch over and pat the infirmary bed. Speedy took the hint and laid down beside me. Our hands intertwine and Speedy leans over and with his free hand cups my cheek.

"Hey Garth..."

"Yeah Roy?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Speedy leaned in closer and began to kiss me sweetly. I smiled into the kiss, I knew this was exactly where I belonged. By his side. 

The End.