From Dark to Light

Tw: Abuse

SPEEDY'S POV

My face was bruised and bloody. I couldn't wallow in the pain I felt before my face was struck with another blow. "Aqualad please stop!" I pleaded helplessly. He stared at me with blank eyes. His brows furrowed, he punched me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I coughed desperately for air. My attempt was cut short with a hardy slap across the face and a kick to the chair that sent it and me toppling over. Aqualad sat on top of my chest and reeled his arm back. "Garth it's me, I know your somewhere in there. Please just let me help you!" I begged. He showed hesitation and I did all I could think of in that situation, I leaned up as far as my chains would allow and I kissed him, I kissed him with all the memories we had together in my heart and hoped somehow he would feel them too. Soon I felt something warm trickling down my face. I opened my eyes to find Garth crying, both his arms now hanging at his sides, his body was being wracked with every hastily taken breath between long awaited sobs. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and brought him into an embrace. "I~I'm sorry~I didn't w~want to." Aqualad stuttered. "Shhhhhh, it's ok Al, I'm just glad your ok." I hushed calmly. "But right now we have bigger things to worry about." I said as I took his hand and led him outside.

To be continued...

I'm not sure if I'm proud of this chapter or not, like I don't know if it was too short or rushed, so any comments or critiques would be really helpful