Chapter 21

I checked my phone six times in the past forty-five seconds. It was 5:56 and I still haven't heard from Danny. I sat in the back of Craftmans alone at a small table made for two. I stared at the front door hoping that she walked in. There was really nobody in the store. Just me, the cashier, and a lady with her son.

I reached in my pocket and pulled out the gift I bought her the last time I was here. I stared down at it and smiled. She's gonna love it. Beside me, not to far away was a skinny full length mirror. I put the gift in my pocket then stood up. I checked my appearance one more time.

I got a haircut this morning. Layered on the top shorter on the sides. I wore a plain black T-shirt with a small Nike sign on the left shoulder with a pair of white joggers and the matching pair of Jordan's we bought eachother for our two month.

I sat back down and stared at the front door. Waiting patiently. I checked my phone another six times. It was 6:05 when the front door opened. I stared in excitement. I didn't notice when she first came in. She looked beautiful her hair was pulled up into a ponytail and she was wearing a tight black dress.

She stood in the front of the store, back facing me, looking at little bracelets and earrings. She didn't see me. I stood up and slowly walked over to her. I tapped her shoulder and she turned around.

My smile dropped. "Jenna?" Jenna stared at me speechless.

"Hi." She managed to speak. She tried not to make eye contact. She looked everywhere but at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't know that was you I thought you were-" she cut me off.

"Danny." She spoke soft and quietly. I just nodded my head. Then she nodded hers. It was so awkward between us.

"How are you?" I asked. She didn't say anything. Just shook her head no. I looked down to my feet.

"Ok well I need to get home." She said slowly making her way past me. I quickly nodded my head.

"Of course." She walked out of the store door. I stared at her until she was out of sight. I let out a sigh and went back to wait at the table.

"Miss her more than you thought you would?" Danyells voice echoed through my ears. She was sitting at the table with her arms crossed. She must of came through the back way. I stared at her then took a seat across from her. I ignored the question.

"I was starting to think you weren't coming." She bit her lip and scrunched her face. She looks just like Jenna when she does this.

"I wasn't going to, at first." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did." She nodded her head. "So what's going on with you and Damante?" I asked. She didn't say anything. She shrugged her shoulders then looked up at the ceiling.

I asked another question once I realized she wasn't going to answer that one. "Are you guys together or..." I trailed off. She looked into my eyes. Hers were a soft brown. They shinned brightly in the light that came in through the window that was slightly above us.

"I guess, I don't know." I looked at her confused.

"You guess?" She nodded her head.

"He takes my mind off things." I looked into my lap. She checked her phone. "I have to go soon." She said. I looked back into her eyes.

"Danny I told Jenna everything. I told her I was in love with you and I told her that you're the one I wanna be with." She shook her head.

"Kyle I'm with Damante. I can't be with you."

"You guys have been dating for like four days you can't be that serious." She let out a sigh.

"We're not." She said quietly.