Chapter 10

"What do you mean you knew it was going to happen." I asked.

"I had a dream, the night before it happened, it was an indirect dream but I knew that something bad was going to happen to them." I stared at her. This is weird.

"Ok so basically you know when bad things are going to happen?" I asked.

"It's more diverse than that." she took a bite of yogurt and I smiled.

"What." she giggled.

"Your vocabulary." I said, she blushed and looked down at her yogurt.

"Why are you cheating on Jenna?" She asked and my smile faded.

"I'm not cheating, that girl, she knows I have a girlfriend.......me and her just hooked up a couple times, I was just confused."

"That doesn't give you the right to cheat." I sighed.

"I didn't cheat."

"Yes you did, if you have a girlfriend and your hooking up with other girls that's cheating."

"So schools out soon." I said changing the subject.

"Yea I can't wait." I nodded my head.

"Same."

"So what are you doing this summer?" She asked.

"Eh, I don't know, I planned on spending a lot of time with Jenna." She shook her head no.

"Jenna's leaving for the summer." I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean."

"She didn't tell you.......she got accepted to do this mission trip thing in Mexico for the summer, it's an educational trip and whatever and she also gets to help people....its a big opportunity."

"When is this?" I asked upset.

"She leaves the last week of May. Right before school lets out." I looked around.

"That's in 3 weeks." I said.

"Yea I know......im gonna miss her."

"I gotta go." I told her standing up and leaving out the door. She tried to say something but I wasn't paying attention. I stormed all the way over to Jenna's house. I got there about 20 minutes later.

I walked up her concrete steps and banged on the door. A little boy answered. he was about 10.

He stared at me.

"Jenna home?" I asked. he nodded his head and screamed for Jenna. She came to the door a few minutes later.

"Kyle." she said.

"When were you going to tell me you were leaving in three weeks?" She stood there with nothing to say and I turned around and started walking away.

"Kyle wait!" She chased after me.

"Tyler!!" She yelled and the little boy came to the door.

"Tell John or Jason or Chris that I'll be back in a few hours." the boy nodded his head and went in the house.

"Can we go somewhere to talk." she asked and I nodded my head. we started walking and the first 8 minutes were silence.

"I'm sorry." she said,"I was going to tell you I just-." I cut her off.

"When Jenna!! When were you going to tell me!" I said in an angered voice. she stopped talking again for about another three minutes.

"I didn't know how to tell you." she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Your leaving in three weeks and you didn't know how to tell me!!" I yelled again.

"How'd you even know." she said.

"I Ran into your sister." I told her," we talked for a while and that came up." Jenna looked down at her feet.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked in a soft voice." I sat down on a nearby bench.

"I don't know." I told her. she sat next to me and put her head on my neck.

"I'm gonna miss you." she said and I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm gonna miss you too." we sat there in silence for about another 5 minutes. It was peaceful sitting there. Just me and her I didn't want to let go of this moment.

"Why does your sister blame you for that car accident." I asked breaking the silence. Jenna looked up at me.

"She told you about that?" I nodded my head.

"I really don't want to talk about it." I stared at her.

"Ok." I said," well you wanna go to the movies tonight?" I asked.

"Can't." she said,"stevens leaving tonight, have to be there to say bye."

"I thought you didn't like him?" I asked

"I don't but he's still my dad kyle."

"Yea I know."

"Sorry." she said

"I wanna take you out Friday......we'll do anything you want." she smiled and nodded her head.

"Ok." I leaned in to kiss her but her phone rang.

"Sorry." she said pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"I have to take this." she got up from the park bench and walked out of hearing distance.

She was on the phone for about 5 minutes and she was laughing and smiling. Who could make her smile and laugh that much? I asked myself.

She was on the phone for about another 5 minutes. She looked over at me to see if I was watching. Then she turned her head a little and said something so I couldn't see. Then she hung up and walked back over to me.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Oh nobody." she said sitting down next to me.

"Seemed like you were having a good conversation." she gave me a "don't go there" look and grabbed my hand.

"It was nobody." I stared at her saying nothing but then just shook it off.

"Whatever." I said

"Kyle!"

"What!"

"Don't start." she said

"Who was that!" I demanded to know.

"No one important." she said.

"Then tell me."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because Kyle, I said no." she got up from the bench and started walking away.

"Jenna!!" I yelled. She stopped in her tracks.

"What!" She yelled back.

"What are you doing!"

"I'm done arguing with you. I'm going home."

"Jenna!!" I yelled walking towards her.

"Don't follow me." she spoke through clenched teeth. Then she turned around and walked away.