Chapter 9

*danyells p.o.v*

"What was he doing here?" John asked me.

"I already told you." I said I walked over to him and kissed his cheek.

"Are you ok?" I asked referring to his bruised face.

"Yea I should be, how about you." I looked down and shook my head no. he hugged me.

"You need to go back upstairs. Stevens going to be home in a couple minutes."

"Bring me a sandwich?" I asked.

"Last time I did that you were gone when I got back."

"I know, sorry I just didn't want to be here." he smirked.

"Go upstairs I'll be up in a few." I nodded my head and walked in the living room.

"Hey Jason." I said hi to my other brother.

"Hey little E." he calls me little E because he says I act just like our mom did. Her name was Evelyne. I have a lot of nicknames. My family calls me Danny, Jason calls me little E, my friends call me Ell, baby cakes, cupcake, my bestfriend Lexi calls me Ella since she calls me danyella instead of danyell so her nick name for me is Ella.

"Come play the Wii with me." I said.

"No."

"Whyyyy."

"I don't want to play."

"We can play Mario Cart."

"I'm first controller." he yelled as he got up from the couch and ran up the stairs.

"Jason no!!" I yelled while chasing after him.

*jennas p.o.v*

"How's Amber?" Kayla asked me. I sighed.

"She's not doing good. They don't think she's going to make it." I started tearing up.

"Oh Jen I'm so sorry." Kayla ran up to me and hugged me and broke down in her arms.

"I can't do this anymore K." I said. "It hasn't even been 5 months and I might lose Amber too." I cried more.

"Jen that wasn't your fault."

"I know, but sometimes I walk in her room and try to imagine what things would be like if she was still here."

"Ashley's in a better place now, she's happy."

"I don't know how she did it."

"Did what?" Kayla asked

"Take care and watch all 8 of us after my mom died and when my dad "changed"."

"She did just like how your doing it."

"Yea, but I have Chris's help. I never helped her. I never knew how hard it was. I never told her about kyle, I was always scared she wouldn't like him.

"Ashley loved you. She wouldn't care about the guy you dated unless he was a mean stuck up abusive loser like your dad." she said to me. I nodded my head.

"Yea I know, but I was so young, I still am. I basically have 5 kids."

"And Chris basically has 6." she said and I laughed.

"Yea he still does look after me." she nodded her head. I checked my phone and I had a text from John.

John-JENNA HURRY WE NEED YOU

"Kayla I have to go." I panicked as I grabbed my shoes and ran out to my car. I started it up and drove home. I got there about 5 minutes later.

"Get off me!!!" I heard screaming.

"You little bitch Stand still." I heard another voice. I busted through the front door and I seen Jason sitting on top of Danny with a pair of scissors and Danny had the phone in her hand.

"I will call the police!! Get off me!!!" Danny yelled and I ran over and pushed Jason off of her.

"What are you two doing!!" I yelled. "give me the scissors and put the phone down!!!" Jason dropped the scissors and Danny gave me the phone.

"What's wrong with you two!!" I yelled.

"He tried to kill me!!" Danny yelled.

"You cheated." he yelled to her.

"Did not!!" She yelled back. Danny tackled him to the ground and starred punching him the stomach.

"DANYELL RANAE!" I yelled and I grabbed her and pulled her off of him.

"What the fuck!!" Jason yelled standing up.

"Danyell go upstairs now!!" She looked at me.

"No." she said calmly.

"What did you just say." I asked crossing my arms.

"No!" she yelled and ran out the front door.

"Danyell!" I yelled running after her.

"I fucking hate you!!" She yelled not stopping. She was a good step ahead of me.

"Danyell stop!!" I yelled knowing I wouldn't be able to catch up to her. She stopped and turned around.

"I just want Ashley back!" She yelled and took of running again. I stopped because I knew I wasn't catching up to her.

"Me too." I said to myself.

*kyles p.o.v*

I was walking home until I ran into someone.

"Watch where your going." I said then I realized who it was.

"Danyell?" I said. her eyes were red and glossy. "have you been crying?" I asked.

"Leave me alone." she said and started walking. I grabbed her arm.

"What's wrong." I asked.

"You wouldn't understand."

"I might understand if you tell me."

"It's a long story." she said.

"I have time." she smiled and I gave her a piggy back ride to a frozen yogurt store a couple blocks away. I bought her some yogurt and she told me everything's that was wrong.

It turns out she had an older sister named Ashley who died a few months ago in a car crash.

"I blame Jenna." she said.

"Why I asked."

"Because I do."

"You don't have a reason to." I told her.

"Trust me...i know its her fault, like I knew that it was going to happen. I begged them not to go, but they didn't listen."