Chapter 6

I woke up in my bed. "how'd I get here?!" I asked myself. I panicked

"John!" I yelled, throwing myself out if bed.

"John!!" I yelled louder. Tears were rushing down my face. I ran to my door but it was locked. I banged on the door as loud as I can.

"John!!!!" I yelled even louder while banging on the door countless times. I heard the door being unlocked and I backed up.

John came running in and I dropped to my knees crying. He ran over to my side and threw his arms around me. I cried more.

"Shhh." he told me.

"Your ok." after about 10 minutes he got up and closed the door.

"How'd I get here?" I asked

"I brought you here, after you fell asleep."

"Why'd you bring me back here?"

"Danny." he said with a stern voice. "there was no where else to go and you know that." I nodded my head.

"I know." I said quietly.

"What happened this time." he asked.

"Carissa......she got to me." John looked down.

"I told you not to let her get to you." I nodded my head.

"I know, and this time I didn't until...." I drifted off.

"Until what?" he asked.

"Until she started talking about mom." I broke down again. John squeezed me tight.

"She can't hurt you danyell." he told me.

"She slapped me. I would've fought her back but then she said that Steven was going to be hearing about it."

"What did you say to her."

"I told her to fuck off, then I called her an ugly ass bitch." John laughed.

"Are you ok now?" he asked me.

"When is Steven leaving?" I asked

"Tomorrow." I didn't say anything.

"You'll be ok again tomorrow." he said.

"The dumb bitch will still be here though." I replied. He laughed again.

"But so will I......i think you should stay in your room for the rest of the day. Stevens pretty pissed." he turned to the side and I seen a big bruise on his cheek and the side of his head and his ear was bleeding.

"Did he do that to you!?" I asked, swallowing the knot in my throat.

"I'll do anything to protect my little sister." he told me not trying to answer the question.

"Actually I'm older." I half joked.

"By 15 minutes." he said sounding defensive. I laughed.

"Still counts." I said. I stood up and sat on my bed.

"Johnny I'm hungry." I said putting my hands on my stomach. he nodded his head.

"Ill be right back." he stood up and left my room. he shut the door and I heard it locking. When I was sure he was gone I went to my window and climbed out. I climbed down the wooded wall but my foot missed a peg and I fell. I landed in my backyard.

I lay there in pain for about 3 minutes. then I got up and bolted. I ran down my block and didn't look back.

*kyles p.o.v*

After jenna made me feel better she called my mom and had her pick me up.

"My poor baby who did this to you!?" I heard my aunts voice as she ran to my side.

"Auntie I'm fine." I told her.

"What happened!?" She asked

"A little misunderstanding."

"This is not no misunderstanding." she said standing up.

"Who did this." she said demanding to know.

"No one May."

"Hmph." she said puffing her chest and turning around and storming off.

"She's pretty mad."

"Yea I know dad." I slowly sit up.

"Who did this, what happened." I sighed.

"Jenna's older brother, it was a misunderstanding." my dad shook his head.

"Those Adams." he started "they're no good I tell you." I sighed.

"Dad she's not like them."

"Like father like son they say, that Steven......he's not a good man. Got his oldest acting just like him. No, he's not going to be a good father that Chris. That his name, Chris is it." I nodded my head.

"Hmph, ever since lil miss Evelyne passed they all changed. Just seen his lil girl runnin not to long ago. He probably don't even know where she headed."

my dad had a southern accent. he's from Tennessee. we moved up to Philadelphia when I was 5 so I never caught on to my dads accent. He met my mom up here.

"Wait which girl?" I asked him

"Erg I don't know....about 14 years old brown hair." I cut him off.

"Danyell?" I asked.

"Aha yea. that her name, seen her and her sleeping in the park a couple hours ago too. Some guy with her, had her in his arms."

"Who?"

"Aw I don't know some lil boy her age, wouldn't be surprised if they runnin round here sleeping together." I tensed up when I heard that.

"You didn't see who it was?" I asked

"Naw boy, if I did I'd tell ya." I nodded my head.

"Dad what time is it."

"Eh bout 4:20, why?"

"Me and Justin are doing a project, I'm going to his house at 5 then we're going over damantes to play the playstation."

"Your pretty bumped up, you need a ride?" I shook my head.

"No I should be fine." he nodded his head and patted my lap.

"Alright, I'm gon tell your aunt that you ok." I nodded my head. I got up and went upstairs and took a shower.

After my shower I went to my room and got dressed. I put on a yellow sweatshirt and grey jeans with a pair of Jordan's. I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen.

"Hey mom." I went up to my mom and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey May." I said hi to my aunt and she just got up and left.

"She still mad?" My mom nodded her head.

"Where are you about to go?"

"To Justin's then to damantes."

"Be back back ten."

"Mom."

"It's a school night." I grabbed an apple.

"What's this." she held up a paper and I took it out of her hand. it was my report card and I had two Fs.

"Oh."

"Yea give me your keys." I pulled my keys out of my pocket and handed them to her.

"I'll drive you, lets go." I rolled my eyes and followed my mom out to her car.