Chapter 19

"I'm taking you out tomorrow." I told Jenna. I was holding her hands and staring into her dark eyes. She was beautiful. I didn't realize how much I actually missed her. She reminded me of Danyell a lot. They had the same hair and similar smiles. They had the same big brown eyes too.

"Already?" She asked smiling.

"I missed you. What do you expect." Her smile grew larger. She made me smile. She pecked my lips and I pulled her in closer.

"I missed you too." Her voice was quiet. "Can I ask you something?" I nodded my head. "When Danyell kissed you, why'd you kiss her back?" I looked into her eyes.

I kissed her back because I love her. She's beautiful. She makes me laugh and I love hanging out with her. She's quiet and mysterious. She makes me want to know more about her.

"I really don't know. I love you so much and I missed you a lot, she looks so much like you. I couldn't help myself." Jenna put her head down and I lifted her chin with my fingers. "That's all that happened." She nodded her head then kissed my cheek.

"I have to go talk to her. I'll see you tomorrow." I pecked her lips and nodded my head. She walked into her house. I looked up and saw Danyell watching from her window. I put my head down and walked away.

I texted my mom and asked her to pick me up. I waited on the corner for about fifteen minutes.

"How'd everything go?" I looked at my mom as I got in the car.

"Jenna's home." I told her. She shook her head in disappointment.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do mom."

"Talk to your dad."

"He doesn't like their family." I told her.

"Why don't you talk to your mom....Your biological mom." I looked at her then shook my head.

"No." My mom drove off. We rode in silence. We pulled up infront of my house and my locked the door.

"I don't care if you talk to Catherine." She said.

"Mom no, dad kissed her. You helped her get to know me and she backstabs you."

"I know, but she's still your mom."

"You're my mom." She grabbed my hand and smiled.

"I needed that, I love you." She told me.

"I love you too." I unlocked the door and got out of the car. My mom followed. When I walked in my dad was sitting on the couch. He was asleep with three empty beer bottles by his side. My mom stared at him.

"Is this happening all the time?" She asked. She slowly made her way to him. I nodded my head.

"Dad." I called him. He jumped up. She stared at my mom.

"You're back." He stood to his feet.

"I'm not staying long, is Catherine here?" She looked around.

"Dad kicked her out when you left. She bought an apartment about three blocks away." Mom crossed her arms.

"Great now your father can get out of the house for a few hours."

"I love you." He said.

"You cheated." She replied. I didn't want to get in the middle of this. I walked up to my room after hugging my mom and telling her bye. I checked my phone as soon as I got upstairs.

Danny😍😘- can you meet me tomorrow at Craftmans? I need to talk to you.

I sent back a simple reply.

Me-Yeah sure I guess. Make sure Jenna knows.

I saw that she read it but she didn't reply. I looked at her name in my phone. I quickly changed it. I removed the emojis and just put her name. Danyell Adams

I wonder what she wants to talk about. I know I hurt her a lot and I know I'm a terrible person. I want her so bad but I can't have her. It's never going to work out anyways. I'm going off to college next year. She's a freshman.

I walked down the hallway and stood at the top of my stairs. I listened to my parents fight. I heard my mom yelling and crying. I felt so bad.

I walked to my bathroom and jumped in the shower. The hot water fell above my shoulders and ran down my back. When I finished I changed into basketball shorts and a T-shirt. Then went to bed.

*the next morning*

I woke up to two texts from Danny.

Danyell Adams- Meet me at 12.

Danyell Adams- Make that ten I have places to go.

I didn't reply to the text. I looked at the time. It was 9:30. I got up and changed into jeans and a hoodie. I put on black vans and looked into the mirror. My hair was messed up from my shower last night. I looked in my closet and added some gel to spike it up.

I walked downstairs. I saw my mom asleep on the couch. I'm surprised she stayed. I went over and kissed her forehead. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door.

I jumped in my car and drove to Craftmans. When I got there I realized I was early. She wasn't here yet. I walked around the store and looked at all the little things they sold.

I soon saw this little heart necklace. It was perfect. On the back of the heart were words that read Mine forever no matter what. The heart had four little diamonds that ran across the arch of the heart and the words were a soft pink. It would be the perfect gift for Danyell. Apology gift.

I picked up the necklace and looked at the price. It was $150.00 but it was worth it. I took it to the cash register and paid. I also bought Jenna a small sliver promise ring. That cost $50.

Danyell soon came running through the door. She had her hair pulled up into a ponytail. She was wearing a long sleeve Maroon shirt and dark grey sweatpants. Her beautiful sparkling brown eyes met mine. She was breathing a little heavy and she was a little sweaty but she was beautiful.

She coughed to get my attention. I didn't realize she was in a rush.

"Sorry." I apologized. I walked over to her and tried to give her a hug but she pulled away.

"We're not doing this." She said. I nodded my head and apologized again. She took a seat at a table in the corner of the store. I took the seat across from her.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked. She stayed silent. I looked into her eyes. She looked away. She stared down at her fingers and started playing with a bracelet that I've never seen before. I pointed to it.

"New?" I asked. She looked at me then put her arm in her lap. I gave her a confused look. Why didn't she want me to know about the bracelet.

"I wanted to yell at you." She started. "But I can't. You see what you're doing to me. I was up all night. You're lying to her again. You're pushing me away and acting like what we had never happened. I know you don't wanna hurt her but you know how that makes me feel." She stayed calm the whole time. Her voice was quiet. I reached for her hand but she pulled away.

"Danyell I'm sorry." She was about to say something until Damante walked through the door. He walked over to us.

"Hey D what's up?" I asked. Danyell stood up and he put his arm around her.

"Bout to go hangout." He said. He pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and handed it to her.

"I need a lighter." She said softly. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He kissed her lips and pulled a lighter out of his pocket. Anger was rushing through me. Damante patted my chest then him and Danny walked away.

"Bye Kyle." She whispered while she was leaving. I sat in shock not knowing what to do. I lost my girlfriend to my bestfriend.