Chapter 2

*danny's p.o.v*
"You can't keep doing this Ella." Lexi said and I rolled my eyes.

"I do it everyday, who makes you think I'm going to stop today, and plus my dad he's home today." I said looking around the corner to see if there was a guard.

"You didn't tell me that." she said pulling on my arm.

"I know I didn't, plus I wanna get home before he does." she stopped pulling on me.

"What time does he usually get home?" She asked

"Around 2." I said

"Ella it's 12:51, you have time." she said.

"No I gotta go now, there's a couple things I wanna do first." with that said I ran down the hall and out the door.

"I made it." I said to myself. I started walking when I was about 3 blocks away from school.

I walked downtown and that took about 10 minutes. I walked along the Main Street and looked at all the small businesses. my mom used to take me to a couple of these.

I walked into a store called Craftmans. it was my favorite store. I walked around and looked at all the little things they had in here. I looked at my phone, it was 1:20. I had to hurry.

I left the store and continued walking. then someone bumped into me. my face crashed into his chest and all the flowers he was holding dropped.

"I'm sorry." he said bending over to pick up the flowers. he was tall with black spiked hair. he was a little cute.

"Who are the flowers for?" I asked. He looked down.

"Oh my girlfriend." he said. That is upsetting I thought to myself. He was about 17, that's only two years older.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" He asked, I rolled my eyes.

"I don't care." I said.

"Aren't you afraid you'll get in trouble." he asked.

"I'm not afraid of anything." I told him. he looked down at the flowers.

"Everyone's afraid of something." he said. He pulled out one of the flowers and handed it to me. I stared at it. I looked back up at him. There was a clock behind him and it said 1:50.

I smiled.

"Not me." I said as I took the flower and ran. I didn't mean to run off but I'm late, I have to hurry.

"Wait!" I heard him yell and I stopped in my tracks.

"What!" I yelled back.

"What's the rush!" He said.

"I'm late!" I yelled and started running again.

"Wait!" I heard him yell again.

"I really have to go!" I yelled and started running again.

"What's your name!!" I heard him yell behind me. I didn't stop running.

"That remains a mystery!" I yelled back without stopping or turning around.

I ran all the way home. I seen a broken down green truck in the drive way.

I'm too late, he's home. I walked the back of my house and climbed up the wooden wall to the second floor. I climbed into my bedroom window.

I sat on my bed and looked at the white rose that the boy gave me. I smiled and put it on my dresser.

*kyles p.o.v*
On my way to the hospital I couldn't stop thinking of that girl. I tried to think of her name. I couldn't hear what she yelled. I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I told myself, I mean it's not like I'm going to see her ever again.

I got to the hospital and texted Jenna.

Me-Jenna

Jenna-what

Me-I'm in the hospital

Jenna-WHAT!? WHY!? WHAT HAPPENED!?

Me-I wanted to see you. can u come down to the lobby.

Jenna-I'll be down In a minute.

A couple minutes later she came down.

"Hey." I said, she crossed her arms.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, she was mad. I handed her the flowers.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok." I told her as I kissed her forehead. she blushed.

"I'm fine." she said.

"How's your sister?" I asked.

"She's doing ok." she looked at her phone.

"I have to go." she said as she kissed my cheek.

"Wait why?" I stopped her.

"I need to get home." I nodded my head.

"Ok" I said as I pulled her in and kissed her.

After I left the hospital I drove home.

"Where were you." my mom asked the second I walked in the house.

"Jenna was in the hospital." I said, I didn't lie, technically she was IN the hospital.

"Is she ok." I nodded my head she's fine.

"Hi Kyle!!" I heard my aunts voice.

"Hi auntie" I said. she hugged me.

"You got so big!" She went on, "how old are you now?" She asked.

"17." I told her.

"Oh my gosh, Kyle hunny I haven't seen you since you were 12."

"I know." I told her.

"Has it really been 5 years already." she started laughing.

"Look mom can I go over to Jenna's tonight, I wanna make sure she's ok." I asked.

My mom let out a sigh.

"Ok go ahead." I hugged her and my aunt and went upstairs. I went to the bathroom and got in the shower.

The water was hot, it relaxed my muscles, it felt good. I was in the shower for about 35 minutes then I washed up.

I got out and put on fresh clothes. I wanted to surprise Jenna so I put on a black suit. I spiked my hair and went downstairs to the kitchen. I made sandwiches and packed lemonade and got a blanket from the closet.

I was going to surprise her with a picnic. when I finished getting everything ready I drove to her house.

This is the first time I've been to her house. I've dropped her off before but I never got out and walked her to the door or anything, the always refused to let me.

It was about 5:30 and the sun was just about to set. I got to her house about ten minutes later. I took a deep breath and walked up to the door. I knocked. a couple minutes later "she" answered the door.

"So now your stalking me at my house." she smiled. I was surprised, I looked down and she was holding the rose I gave her.

"Uh no, sorry is um....." the sound of Jenna's voice cut me off.

"Danny who is it." she walked to the door.

"Kyle?" She asked surprised. She was wearing really short shorts and and a tank top.

"You guys know eachother?" The girl asked.

"Danny go inside please." Jenna said. I seen her clench tightly onto the rose, then she turned around and went inside.

"What are you doing here." she said.

"I wanted to have a picnic since we couldn't go out tonight." I said holding out the basket. she blushed.

"Kyle I would love to, but I can't." my smile dropped. she leaned in and kissed me.

"I love you." she said.

"I love you too." I told her. then she opened the door and gave me one last look and went inside.