Chapter 23

Jasmine

I hung up the baby clothes that Chris' mom bought. She has been amazingly supportive since we met.

"Aww, this is cute." I cooed at the basketball themed outfit

I rubbed my stomach as I sat in the chair. I've been having pains all day.

I pulled the rest of the clothes out of the bag and looked through them while I sat there. I stood up and hung them in the closet.

Someone knocked on the door. I sighed and walked down the hall. Opening the front door, Morgan stood on the other side.

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

"Just dropped by." she walked past me

I closed the door and walked behind her. "For what reason?"

She shrugged. "I was bored."

I crossed my arms and looked at her.

"What?"

"Nothing. I have somewhere to be in about an hour so you can't stay long."

"Cool. How's the baby."

"He's good." I smiled

"How's the whole situation with his dad?" She bit into an apple

"We're on mutual terms. He understands his responsibilities."

She nodded and sat in the living room. Me and Morgan talked for a while before it was time for me to go.

I grabbed my bag off the table and locked the front door. I climbed into my jeep and headed down the road. I pulled into the parking lot of my doctors office and waited for Chris.

About 15 minutes later, he pulled into the parking space beside me.

When both doors opened I raised an eyebrow.

"I know he didn't" I mumbled

I watched as he walked to my car. I sat there with the door locked as he pulled the handle.

He sighed. "Open the door."

I crossed my arms and looked straight ahead.

"Come on. Don't be like that."

I unlocked the door and he opened it.

"Why is she here?"

"She wouldn't let me leave the house without her."

He helped me out of the car and closed the door for me. I held onto his arm as we walked to the building.

"She ain't handicapped. She can walk by herself." Nicole pulled Chris' arm out of my grasp.

"Bitch, you don't have to be here." I turned to face her

"Oh, I think I do. This is my man." She pulled Chris closer to her

"And this is his baby." I pointed to my stomach. "So get used to my face." I smiled and walked into the office.

I checked in and sat in the waiting room. I was called back in no time.

"Come on, Chris." I nudged his arm.

Both, him and his girlfriend stood up.

"She's not coming back here too." I looked up at Chris.

"Yes I am." Nicole answered before he could say anything.

"No. You're not. Sit ya ass down." I looked at her.