Chapter 10

Chris

"Why do you even like her? Do you know you could lose your job over this?" Keeis questioned me

I sighed loudly and ran my hands over my face. "Why are we on that right now? You came to chill and smoke, so do that."

"I'm just trying to help your dumbass." He lit the blunt. "You head over heels for a bitch in jail. The fuck are you thinking? She crazy as fuck for one. And two, she probably going to be locked up for years. Get your head out her ass and find somebody that's not in jail."

"Get the fuck out." I pointed towards the front door

"Are you seri-"

"Serious as hell." I cut him off. "Yeah, she in jail and I know I'm fucking up but I don't need you, Red, Jamal or nobody else trying to tell me what to do. If it's a mistake, let me find out on my own. Until then you can either go along with it or shut the fuck up." I took the blunt from him

Keeis sat there with his arms folded "Man.....what she look like?"

I laughed loudly at him and pulled out my phone. I scrolled through my pictures until I found one of her then handed him my phone.

"This her?" Keeis glanced at me then back at my phone

I nodded, blowing smoke out of my mouth

"Let me see." Red snatched the phone. "Daaaaamn." He began to scroll

"Alright nigga, give me my shit."

"I think I found my new profession." Red handed me my phone

"Nah, they crazy remember."

"Crazy or not, she bad as hell. They all look like her?"

I shook my head and laughed, not bothering to entertain them any longer.

Jasmine

I walked around outside with Adiyah. She's one of the few people I actually talk to here. I still have my guard up though, just in case she flip like Candy did.

"How did you end up here?" Adiyah asked

"I don't really like talking about it. Dude got what he deserved though."

She nodded as we continued to walk.

A guard walked over to us. "It's visitation time and Brooks, you have a visitor."

I smiled and ran towards the building. I entered and walked over to the visitation desk.

"I was told that I had a visitor."

The lady looked at my inmate number then looked at her paper. "Yes you do. It's Natalie Harris. She should be at table five. Go through this door, down the hall and the visitation room is on the right."

"Thank you." I followed her directions. I searched the room as I walked in. I spotted her and walked over

"Hey mama." I stood beside the table smiling.

She jumped up and tightly hugged me. I hugged her back as tears fell from my eyes. I haven't hugged my mother in years. I finally let her go so we could sit down.

"How are you liking it here?" She held my hand

"It's ok. Better than where I was."

"That's good. I want you to stay out of trouble."

Our converstation continued for about 30 minutes before my visitation time was over. I gave her a hug before she left. Visitation seemed to go by so quickly.

I walked back up the hall and went back outside. I picked up a basketball and decided to make a few shots. I had dreams of becoming a professional basketbal player.

"One on one?"

I turned around to see Morgan walking towards me.

"Sure." I threw her the ball. She stretched before starting the game.

~~~~

"You cheated." Morgan whined

I smirked as I caught my breath. "No I didn't, you just suck."

She held up her middle finger at me

I threw the ball at her, hitting her head. I laughed as I ran away into the building.

It was almost time for dinner so I decided to head towards the cafeteria. I began walking up the long hallway. Before I reached the end, someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me into a dark closet.