Chapter 16

Jasmine

"You still have the address and number I gave you?" I looked at Morgan.

She nodded

"Good. When you get out, come by. Don't forget."

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'ma miss your annoying ass too." I laughed and hugged her.

"Jasmine Brooks? Grab everything and come with me please."

I picked up my box and followed behind the guard. He handed me a bag with everything that I had on when I first came to jail in it.

"Ummm." I held up the shirt. "I can't wear this."

"Not my problem."

I walked over to the changing room and pulled on the jeans first.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself. I couldn't even button them

I shook my head and pulled on the shirt. I came out and handed the guard the uniform. I signed my name on the release papers.

"You're free to go." The receptionist smiled and hit the button to open the door.

I walked out of the building and through the gates. My mom was waiting for me at her car. I walked over to her and instantly began crying.

"Whats wrong?" She hugged me

"I never want to be here again."

I got into the car and my mom drove home. The house looked the same but the neighborhood didn't. There were a lot more houses around now. I grabbed my box and walked up the steps to the house. I walked in and just stood there. I looked around at everything. It looked so different.

"Come on. Your room is this way." My mom grabbed my hand.

I walked behind her. The room was beautiful. The bed was huge and so was the tv.

"This is nice mama." I looked around in awe.

She laughed "How about you go change into something that fits."

I walked over to the closet. Everything in it had tags on it. I looked through everything and picked a plain shirt and jeans. Surprisingly, it fits.

I walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter. "Thanks for the clothes. They fit perfectly."

"Don't thank me," she cleard her throat "Thank that Chris boy. He bought everything. Oh, and your bank card is on your dresser in your room."

"How did he know what size? Where you lived?"

"Baby I don't know. He just showed up one day."

~~~~

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I placed my right leg onto the table. I watched as the ankle bracelet was strapped onto my ankle. Stephen stood beside Derrick, my parole officer.

"Now during this 3 month period, you are not to leave this house unless it's health related or you have a job. If you do leave for one of the two reasons, you must be back at home by 8:30. If 8:31 hits and you are not in this house, the police will be on ya ass." Derrick laughed "Either way, you have to check in with me if you need to leave the house. Unless its life or death, of course."

"I got it." I stood up. Derrick left out the house and I hugged Stephen before he left.

I walked to my room and laid across the bed. It felt so good to be on an actual bed and not a metal board.

~~~~

"You sure you're ok sweetie? That's the third time today." My mom yelled from the other side of the bathroom door.

I was currently slumped over the toilet
"I'm fine mom." I yelled

I brushed my teeth and walked into my room. I picked up the phone on my dresser and pressed Stephen's contact. The phone rang about three times before he answered.

"Hello?"

"Steph. Come to my house as soon as you can. It's important." I hung up the phone and waited.

He arrived about 20 minutes later and came to my room. I closed the door behind him.

"I think I'm pregnant."

"What?!" He jumped up

"Be quiet." I whispered

"How the hell did that happen?"

"Long story." I sat beside him

"One of the guards?"

I nodded

He sighed. And began to pace back and forth in the room. "Ok. This shouldn't be too bad. You shouldn't be too far along and your parole is only a 3 month period. Just hide it when you check in with Derrick and everything should be good."

"Hide it? I can't just suck it in." I rolled my eyes

"Well no shit. Wear baggy clothes. Have you even been to a doctor?"

"No."

"So there's a chance that you're not?"

"Trust me. I already know I am."