Chapter 9

Jasmine

I walked across the cafeteria to throw away the few bits of food that I didn't eat. Surprisingly, the food was ok and I could actually tell what it was. I put my tray into the bin before walking out.

I walked down the hall and exited the building. I walked across the yard to the basketball court. It was nice to be able to go outside. At max, "outside" is a court that has tall concrete walls around it and a glass ceiling. No fresh air.

I picked up a basketball and began to dribble down the court. I took a shot and the ball went in with ease.

"I still got it." I smiled to myself

I continued to play by myself. I enjoyed being outside. I'll be even happier when I'm out of here.

Chris

"Brown. I need to see you." My boss came to the cell block I was in.

I followed him down to his office and walked in behind him. I sat in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Yes sir?"

"I got some good news and bad news for you."

I remained quiet.

"Good news is, you will be sent back to our minimum security facility."

I smiled but quickly frowned "What's the bad?"

"It's going to be a little longer than expected. You should be there within the next two to six months. Congratulations though." He patted my shoulder as he walked out.

I sat there for a few minutes before going back to where I was. I made sure everyone's door was locked before sitting at one of the tables.

Jasmine

"No. I'm not gay." I laughed

"Come on just one time." Morgan pleaded walking towards me

"Hell no. Now back up before I stuff your ass in this dryer."

"Alright, alright." She threw her hands up

She has been trying me since I got here. She picked the wrong one to fuck with. I continued to fold the clothes that I got out of the dryer.

"All done." I placed the last folded shirt in the basket.

"All inmates please report to the cafeteria for dinner." A voice came over the intercom

I walked down the hall and into the cafeteria. I stood in line and waited for my tray. I looked around for a place to sit.

"Over here." A girl named Adiyah waved

I walked over and sat across from her. I met her when I first got here. She seems cool.

"I always sit here so you can just come over here if you want." She smiled

I nodded as I ate. She seemed cool. Our beds were in the same unit so she was someone to talk to other than Morgan. I mentally rolled my eyes at her name.

I finished up my food and put my tray away. I stopped by the bathroom before going to my bed.

Everything was a lot calmer than at max. There wasn't a lot of tension. Most of the girls here stayed to themselves which was fine by me.

The lights shut off indicating that it was lockdown. I pulled my cover back and laid down. I wonder what Chris is doing. I didn't even get to see him before I left.

I laid on my side, facing the wall. I have to get myself together. This isn't like me. I switched positions and laid on my back staring at the ceiling.

"Get it together Jas." I mumbled to myself.

I continued to lay there, mind racing, until I fell asleep.