Chapter 22

Jasmine

"Everything looks good. Your baby boy is nice and healthy. He has dropped so I would expect you to go into labor any day now."

I sat up and remained quiet. The nurse walked out of the room. I turned towards Chris.

"Any day? I can't do this. Its all happening so fast."

"Hey, calm down. Its ok. I'll be here with you whenever it happens."

"What if he hates me Chris? What if I don't do something right?"

"Don't talk like that. Everything will be fine. You will be an amazing mother."

I nodded and stepped down off of the table.

"Can we stop and get ice cream?"

"Sure." He laughed

~~~~

"I have to stop by my house right quick. I hope you don't mind." Chris glanced over at me

"Go ahead." I licked my ice cream

I sat in the car and waited while he went inside. I was eating my ice cream when there was a knock on my window. I looked and Chris' girlfriend was standing there with her arms folded.

"Yes?" I rolled the window down.

"You think you slick, huh?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This pregnancy bullshit. You and I both know that's not his baby."

"Yes it is. Both, Chris and I, know that. Why are you so concerned?" I smirked

She leaned against the door. "If its his, why wasn't he with you from the beginning? And why is he with me now? Oh, I forgot, you're a hoe."

"Ya mama." I smiled

"Fuck you."

"I'll pass." I continued to eat my ice cream.

She groaned loudly and stomped away

Chris

"What's wrong with you?" I passed by Nicole as I walked out the house

"Shut up!" She yelled and slammed the door.

I shook my head and walked back to the car.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

I drove to Jasmine's house. I helped her out of the car and up the steps.

"You ok? You need anything?"

"I'm fine." She sat on the couch

"Is it ok if I chill here for a while?"

"I dont care Chris." She laughed

1:15 AM

"Shouldn't you be heading home?" Jasmine crossed her arms

"Nah, I think I'ma stay here tonight."

"I don't think your girlfriend would like that." She smiled

"Well, she's just going to have to be mad. Plus, we have somewhere to go so I might as well stay here instead of driving all the way back."

"Where?"

"You'll see."

~~~~

"Where are we going?" Jas asked for the 13th time

"Will you just relax. We're almost there."

I drove down the long drive way. The house came into view and I smiled. I cut the car off once I parked. I walked around and helped Jas out the car. I held her hand as we walked to the front door. I knocked and waited. After a few moments the door quickly opened.

"Hey mama." I hugged her

Jasmine

My eyes grew wide and I felt as if I was going to pass out.

"Mama, this is Jasmine. Jasmine, this is my mom." Chris put his arm around me.

I nervously smiled

"Come on in." His mom walked back into the house.

I hit his side. "Why didn't you tell me I was meeting your mom." I whispered

"Didn't want to." He stuck his tongue out.

I laughed and shook my head.

Most of his family was here. I met quite a few people. His mom is really sweet. She was overly excited when Chris told her I was pregnant.

I kinda expected her to be mad but she wasn't. Im glad of that.

Nicole

I called Chris' phone again and it went straight to his voicemail for the 10th time.

I know he's with that bitch. They have just became a little family.

I hope he doesn't think he can get rid of me that easily. I have searched my whole life to live like this and her or that baby is not going to take this away from me. I deserve to be spoiled with the finer things in life.

I walked into our bedroom and sat my phone on the dresser. I rolled my eyes as I spotted the ultrasound picture.

"This should be my baby. I should be the one pregnant by him, not her." I looked at the pictures

Going back into the kitchen, I placed the pictures into a metal bowl. I grabbed the matches out of the drawer. I lit one and flicked it into the bowl.

"Oops." I laughed

I stood there and watched them burn. I flicked water onto the ashes then dumped them into the trash. I rinsed the bowl and placed it in the sink.

"Fuck her and that baby." I walked back to the bedroom.