Chapter 1

Copyright © 2015
ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED
This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any Unauthorized reprint or use of the material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any informational storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/publisher.

This book is a work of fiction. This is a product of the writer's imagination or have been used fictitiously, and are not to be construed as real.

Chris

"Get up inmates! It's breakfast time." I flicked the lights on and watched as they made their way into the cafeteria.

My name is Christopher Brown, Chris for short and I'm a guard in the minimum security building of the Virginia State Prison for Women. I've had this job for about two years now. I havent had too many problems, other than inmates flirting.

I watched over everyone as they ate and made sure nothing left the eating area.

"Hey, how's it going?" One of the other guards walked up to me

"It's good. Just another day" I walked through the building making sure everything was secure.

"Hey Mr. Brown" an inmate winked at me

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I glanced at her for a quick second

She frowned and kept walking. I laughed to myself and walked in the opposite direction.

Jasmine

I hate being in max security. I have to sit in this cell 23 hours out of the day. This shit gets boring. I'ma go crazy in here. I finished up my breakfast. Being in prison for four years, you become immune to this bullshit they call food.

I'm Jasmine Brooks by the way. Better known as Inmate Number 7215038 and I'm in maximum security for murder. I'm not a bad person I just have a very short tolerance for.....people.

"Cell 118, Inmate 7215038, hands through the hole, you gotta visitor." The guard spoke as he walked up to my cell

I rolled my eyes and walked to the door. They placed handcuffs on me before opening my cell and cuffs on my ankles once my cell was open. The guard grabbed my arm but I snatched it away.

"Don't touch me August. I can walk. Where the fuck I'ma run to with these tight ass chains on?" I scoffed

He sighed "Language. You don't have ta have visitation at all"

We walked through the halls until we reached the 'visitation room' which is really like a box seperated by a glass wall.

I sat in the chair and picked up the phone.

"Hey mama..."

Chris

I sat in the break room eating my lunch. I looked up as my boss walked in.

"Hey Chris, you got a minute?" He asked

"Sure Mike, sit down"

He sat in the chair across from me as I continued to eat.

"Wassup?" I asked

"I just wanted to let you know that over the next few months you will be training our new guard and once he's able to work alone, you will be transferred to max."

"Max as in Maximum security?" I raised an eyebrow

"Exactly. You're real smart" He laughed

"Why me?"

"Because I think you're capable of handling yourself there"

"But I like my position here"

"And I'm the boss" He got up "You don't have to have a job at all, remember that Brown" He walked out of the room.

"Shit" I cursed to myself. A guard just died last week at max and they want to send me there.....I'm not a pussy but those women obviously don't play.

Jasmine

The guards uncuffed me once we got back to the cell block. It was recreation time so I could walk around for a hour. I sat at a table where a few girls were playing cards

"Hey Jasmine"

"Wassup Candy. What ya'll playing?"

"Spades but while you were gone they gave you a roommate"

"Stop lyin" I smacked my lips

"Im serious, go look"

"If I don't, I'ma beat ya ass" I pointed at Candy before walking away

I walked across the room to my cell. It was a girl sitting on the bottom bunk, which is mine, but I'ma let that slide since she's new, she don't know.

"Umm excuse me, your bunk is the top"

She looked at me and laughed "Says who? The bottom is mine now"

I stepped closer to her "I suggest that you get your shit and get on the top before we have a problem"

"Nah" She stood up "What you gon do is get the fu-" before she could finish her sentence my fist connected with her face.

I punched her multiple times. Her back was now against the wall so I placed my hand around her neck and applied pressure.

I leaned in close to her ear "I tried to be nice but you want to act tough. I said the top is yours so get your shit and move. I run this prison. You can ask anybody. Even the guards know not to fuck with me"

At this point she was gasping for air. I let her go and she slid down the wall. I squatted down so I was face to face with her. She was coughing and breathing heavy trying to catch her breath.

I smiled at her "Stay the fuck out of my way and off my bed"

She nodded and I walked out of the cell.