Third Degree Burns

AN

Kai: I AM NOT AS FINE AS I SEEM, pardon.

--------

Normal POV

"HELP, HELP US!!"

A 5 story building was being torn down, but people were still stuck in there.

Cole had to hold a piece of solid concrete from falling down on top of an elderly couple, as the slowly make it to safety.
Zane made extra pillars of ice to aid him and Cole to get out.
Jay had to cut down the power circuits so it doesn't electrocute anyone in the process.
Nya made a stream of water to prevent a quick flowing flood.

Kai didn't want to do anything.
He felt his element would only destroy the building as well as his friends and the citizens.

Lloyd encouraged him to get any other people out, but he backed away.
"Kai, please! We need all the help we can get!"
"My element is for destroying, not for helping! I'll make the situation worse!"

Giving up, Lloyd runs into the entrance, and calls out for anyone to hear.

"LOOK!! THE CEILING!!"

Kai stood in horror to see 3 stories collapse down, and he ran inside.
"LLOYD!!" He screamed.
The dust he breathed in made him cough, and a pipe of gas spontaneously combusted.
"No way--"

The gas soon filled the air.
He felt stuck. The room was pitch black, and if he were to ignite the tiniest flame, the whole building would explode.

Putting his shirt collar over his nose to breathe a little, he ran into a hallway to find a place where the fumes hadn't reached.

He finds a woman with a yellow canary sweater. She was looking out the window calling out.

"Excuse me, Miss!!" Kai reached for her, and she turned around.
"Oh, thank goodness you're here! I need you to do me a favor!" She asked.
"I'm sorry but we need to get out of here--"

She puts her hand on his cheek. "Please?"

Kai looked at her in confusion. He felt the room spin violently.
He opened his mouth to say, "A-Anything for you--"

"The building is going to fall anyway, my sweet. You know what they say.. A Good Captain goes down with the Ship."

Down by the street, the people thanked the Ninja for saving them.

"Wait, but Kai is still in there!"
"The building is going to do down any minute, what's he doing?!"
"He's with a woman!"

"I know you want to prove yourself to everyone, Kai. To Lloyd. He means a lot to you, I know." 

She faked a sad expression.

"He.." Kai winced. "He means nothing compared to you--"

She smiled. "Good. Now, burn this place down. We are going to start a new beginning for the both of us."
"Yes, my queen.."

Lloyd and the Ninja tried to come up with a quick plan to get Kai and the woman safe, but the building was lit up in flames.

"KAI!!"
"NO!!"

Lloyd ran inside as fast as he could. Sparks of fire flew around the air, smoke filled his lungs and he runs down to a different path, which was different from where Kai stood.

"Someone's here with us, my love. They're trying to tear us apart-- Don't let them!"

"I won't, I promise.. Get somewhere safe--" He kissed her cheek, and she ran out the emergency fire escape.

"KAI!!" The blonde coughed. "WHERE ARE YOU?!"

As the red ninja jumps down to meet Lloyd, he clenched his fists.

"You shouldn't be here."

The blonde turned to him. "No shit, Sherlock Holmes! We have to get out before the building falls on us, where's the woman you were with? Where is she?"
"Somewhere safe. I won't let you tear us apart."

He ignites a ball of flames, both on each hand.
"Kai, what's wrong with you?!"
"GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"

He throws a ball at him, and Lloyd throws his hands upward to cast a shield of ice to block it. He threw the other, stronger than the first.
It melted the ice through.
Kai throws a blow at his face, Lloyd falling down in the ash.

He ignites his hand again and Lloyd threw a kick at his stomach.

Getting up, the blonde makes an ice dome to block Kai's attacks, the ice exploding from Kai's heat.

Some of the ice shards stabbed through Lloyd's soft tissue and Kai kept going.

Since it was so sudden, Lloyd felt his feet off the ground. 

"Kai-- Don't--"

Kai had grabbed him by the shirt collar and threw him across the room into the burning debris.

Lloyd's back and arms melted on contact. "Shit--!!"

The red one stood there watching Lloyd trying to distinguish the flames out. 

He felt the room spin again. "Lloyd--" He grits his teeth. His head throbbed as he realized what he had done.

"You're pathetic-- You don't deserve him--" A voice spoke.

Lloyd grabbed his hand and ran out of the building.

It finally collapsed.

---

"Are you okay?"

Kai didn't look a Lloyd.

He hurt him, and he's punishing himself for it.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"Neither are you,"

Silence.

"What happened in there?"

"I fucked you up, that's what happened."

"I'm not referring to that. Who was that woman?"

"I don't know." He cracked.

More silence.

"She made you do it, then. She threatened you?"

"No."

"Then why did you do it?"

"What, you think I didn't want to?! I fucked you up--"

Kai's wrists stung.

"Nothing in this world will make me believe you did that on purpose. But doing this won't help either."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I am such a dumb--"

"You want to know the real way to hurt me?  Torturing yourself. I don't care how many bones you break or how much blood I shed, I hate seeing you doing this to yourself."

The blonde dropped the razor on the ground.

"I fucking hate it."

More silence.

Kai reached over for Lloyd's hands, the blonde intertwining his fingers with his.

"I fucking love you."

"I love fucking you."

Lloyd smiled.

"No wait-- I said that wrong--"

"I love fucking you too, Hot Head."